FTB Privacy Policy - what personal information will be disclosed to Curse

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
How will the FTB handle our private information when they migrate the forums to Curse?

Given their history and my first-hand experience with misuse of my email address, I DO NOT want my personal information transferred to Curse.

If necessary, I will update my personal details and change email address prior to Curse integration, and would like an under-taking from the FTB team that no prior personal information (previous email address, for example) will be disclosed to third parties - trusted or otherwise.

source http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/pages/privacy/
Information disclosure
Feed The Beast will not, at any time, disclose any of your personal private information stored on our servers to a third party without your consent or a legal request found valid by our administration team. Your information (IP Address, Email etc.) will never be given to untrusted third parties, but may be disclosed to those who assist in the management of the website and/or it's services. Information such as statistics for the website that contain no identifiable information may be disclosed to third parties such as advertisers and researchers at the sole discretion of the Feed the Beast administration.

Reactions: groundhog

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Information disclosure
Feed The Beast will not, at any time, disclose any of your personal private information stored on our servers to a third party without your consent or a legal request found valid by our administration team. Your information (IP Address, Email etc.) will never be given to untrusted third parties, but may be disclosed to those who assist in the management of the website and/or it's services. Information such as statistics for the website that contain no identifiable information may be disclosed to third parties such as advertisers and researchers at the sole discretion of the Feed the Beast administration.

LOL. It won't be on FTB servers anymore, or even CreeperHost servers which was FTB's original partner. The forums are going on Curse servers, same with Minecraft Forge forums. Don't expect your email address to be safe from misuse. (Being sold to spam companies.)

They ruined Minecraft Forums so I came here. They are ruining this place, so I guess I retreat back to Reddit and IRC. On those 2 places, stupid people are prevented from making stupid choices and told they are stupid. No language filter, no infractions leading to easily sidestepped punishments, less stupid choices by those running it, its an overall win.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Wait
Ftb forums are being moved to curse?
image.jpg

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, if the forums are moving I may not come back to the ftb forums.
I LOVE XenForo, part of the reason I like ftb forums. It has a nice design, is iPad friendly, and has a nice community.
Curse's minecraft forums is crap with my iPad(the device I use to browse forums)
If its anything like MCForum...well... Goodbye guys. Maybe I will check GPuzzles forum...

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, if the forums are moving I may not come back to the ftb forums.
I LOVE XenForo, part of the reason I like ftb forums. It has a nice design, is iPad friendly, and has a nice community.
Curse's minecraft forums is crap with my iPad(the device I use to browse forums)
If its anything like MCForum...well... Goodbye guys. Maybe I will check GPuzzles Exedra's forum...
Assuming you are talking about the NTF

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to have to go back to tekkit forums. Please don't make me. :(

edit: wait I don't even know who hosts them! This could tragic.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking