Solved FTB Omnia server, HeadlessException

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Darinth

Aug 27, 2020
Followed my fairly standard instructions for starting up a minecraft server. Started up a linux instance, installed java 8 (sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jre-headless), downloaded the server install file (serverinstall_6_91), chmod to make it executeable, ran it, everything appears to have installed correctly. However, when I try to start the server I get the error below.

I removed the headless version and installed the non-headless version of java and retried running and end up with the same error. I've gotta be doing something dumb. Anybody able to point me in the right direction?

1598498708362.png

Last edited:

Darinth

Aug 27, 2020
Discovered my issue. I forgot that I had a minor issue when I tried to install java where the system was in the middle of updates. So I tried to go ahead and run the install while I waited. Apparently the installer tried to execute a java command, which of course java wasn't installed and so it failed. I realized that I was trying to run the installer and realized that wasn't how this worked. So I nuked the entire directory, and re-ran the installed now that I have java installed and everything worked great. (Well, maybe I'm being premature, but everything now appears to be running fairly normally)