FTB OceanBlock Release

Feed the Beast

Jul 29, 2019

OceanBlock is a new, unique modpack created by the FTB Team inspired by the countless island-based modpacks.

“Enjoy” the lack of ability to swim, follow over 550 quests that will guide you through this wet and wild journey, along with a whole new crafting system, tempered jars!

Encounter custom structures within the deep, dark, depths of the sea.
The addition of rafts to break forms an endless addiction, the hunt for treasures among the infinite ocean.

As you follow the quests, diving into new draconic technology. Jump into the ocean with a scuba suit. Sluice dirt, gravel, sand, and dust for resources.

Dive into this new, drenched, world.

FTB Oceanblock can be found exclusively on the new FTB App available at https://www.feed-the-beast.com/app
We would love feedback on this new app!​

Attachments

• ftb oceanblock.png
    ftb oceanblock.png
    337 KB · Views: 1,828,847
Last edited by a moderator:

plazmalol

Sep 23, 2021
hello, Im tryna play this modpack. I downloaded it then when I went to launch it, it said it failed to launch. I went to go open it again and it said I didnt have it installed. Now I am trying to install it again and it gets stuck at "creating environment" but before I did install it but now I for some reason have to install again but it wont install now?

Attachments

• image_2021-09-23_115118.png
    image_2021-09-23_115118.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 3,962

Lordchaoticwolf

Oct 7, 2021
Love this mod all tho im having problems updating to the new version. It just crashes and says the mod bamboo every thing cant be found or something

squidcap

Oct 10, 2021
Either i'm having problems or the modpack is really not to my liking. Tools break after one use, no recipe book, weird slow down after getting out of the water, with FOV changing... I wonder who would want those things but lets ask first if some or all of those are caused by a bug

Snoopy31195

Oct 11, 2021
Either i'm having problems or the modpack is really not to my liking. Tools break after one use, no recipe book, weird slow down after getting out of the water, with FOV changing... I wonder who would want those things but lets ask first if some or all of those are caused by a bug

So for the tools, you are meant to use tinker's construct to make tools rather than the vanilla tools. You dont need a recipe book as the Not Enough Items menu (the list of items to the right of your inventory or crafting menu) allows you to click on any item and show its recipe or what it is used for. Slow down after getting out of water sounds like its from the slowness debuff from diving to deep without diving gear and minecraft changes the FOV based on player speed.

Reactions: andras78040534

squidcap

Oct 10, 2021
So for the tools, you are meant to use tinker's construct to make tools rather than the vanilla tools. You dont need a recipe book as the Not Enough Items menu (the list of items to the right of your inventory or crafting menu) allows you to click on any item and show its recipe or what it is used for. Slow down after getting out of water sounds like its from the slowness debuff from diving to deep without diving gear and minecraft changes the FOV based on player speed.

btw, me being an idiot forgot that the keybinds are left shit for crouch and left alt for sprint as default...

Tickers construct.. ok, took a look at that and i don't like at all what it does, i hope it is not a depency for something else.. and yeah, it is.... It looks like one of those mods that add extra steps for absolutely no benefit other than adding more steps. "Look what you can do, only harder and less convenient! it is fun, i'll tell you to go dig more resources to get what you should get much easier"..

And not having a recipe book is still a bummer, cause it is much, much, much faster to make the simple thing than NEI. which doesn't even tell you if you have the ingredients or not, making everything.. again harder. Seablock is a mod that gives you less things for no real reason other than making everything more boring and less convenient. Too bad, i liked the idea of a seablock but.. not like this, this makes simple things to feel like annoying chores.

bloodscon

Apr 19, 2020
Quarry from Mini utils needs checking missing quartz ore and lead ore

Last edited:

Sparhawk

Jul 29, 2019
btw, me being an idiot forgot that the keybinds are left shit for crouch and left alt for sprint as default...

Tickers construct.. ok, took a look at that and i don't like at all what it does, i hope it is not a depency for something else.. and yeah, it is.... It looks like one of those mods that add extra steps for absolutely no benefit other than adding more steps. "Look what you can do, only harder and less convenient! it is fun, i'll tell you to go dig more resources to get what you should get much easier"..

And not having a recipe book is still a bummer, cause it is much, much, much faster to make the simple thing than NEI. which doesn't even tell you if you have the ingredients or not, making everything.. again harder. Seablock is a mod that gives you less things for no real reason other than making everything more boring and less convenient. Too bad, i liked the idea of a seablock but.. not like this, this makes simple things to feel like annoying chores.

I agree. I uninstalled this pack after about 5 minutes.

stargirl20286

Oct 14, 2021
I can't get the pack to launch; I keep getting Exit Code 0 errors and nothing I've tried fixes it. Any ideas?

ETA: I downgraded to the first update after the modpack launched and miraculously the game now works. Likely a mod conflict, then?

Last edited:

bloodscon

Apr 19, 2020
tip for anyone playing this pack Integrated crafting and terminals is in the pack can be used as a make shift RS/AE2 network, sometime even better (wireless power, fluid, item and can all be linked on the same network, just watch out for items that when crafted have nbt or tag data as this confuses the ID crafting system (omni-directional connector for one will not show as complete craft due to it having data attached to it, and the battery (integrated dynamic one)craft bugging out when relogging).

automate, automate, automate or you will be doing a shed ton of grinding / bulk crafting

PantheraEnigma

Oct 24, 2021
Having a crash involving Refined Storage pattern with a Timer from ProjectRed Integration. Whenever I press shift to see what's on the pattern, the game crashes. Same happens when I put the pattern into a crafter, either directly or through the crafter manager. I have a crash report, attached. Hope others aren't having the same issue.

Attachments

• FTB OceanBlock crash report 1.txt
    48.2 KB · Views: 479

DirtyDestiny

Oct 24, 2021
If I want to open my Quests at some point, it just displays "Quests locked" and i cant see any quest anymore. (https://prnt.sc/1x8bah7) I wonder if this bug can be fixed, ive had it multiple times now, one time i created an island, one time i joined somebody. reinstall doesnt help cause its multiplayer, i tried it, and i cant seem to find something useful myself. thx in advance.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
OceanBlock is still using the Non-Updated Minecraft Launcher and is constantly giving this warning message. Please fix this.

Screenshot 2021-11-07 110253.jpg

Last edited: