FTB not launching; Java Edition Launcher doesn't work

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
A

AddictedZombie

Title FTB not launching; Java Edition Launcher doesn't work

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack FTB Horizons III

Modpack version 1.12.2

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/60968996

Details of the issue Basically when I click launch on the twitch app and it brings up the new launcher, the game doesn't boot when I press play or go into the mojang screen at all. I also tried playing vanilla using the new launcher and when it got to the mojang splash screen it would just stop responding.

I tried reinstalling minecraft, java (and updating it), as well as the modpack itself. I have also tried allocating more RAM and updating my nvidia drivers. The only thing that seemed to have worked was using the alternative download on mojang's site (the old launcher), but FTB insists that I use the new Java Edition launcher. Any help would be appreciated.

My PC has AMD Ryzen 5, GTX 1060, and 8 GB RAM.

Last edited by a moderator:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
looks like something is blocking, do you got any antivirus software on that machine?

A

AddictedZombie

I seem to have found a fix after doing a quick malwarebytes scan and reinstalling everything. I assume I had some corrupted files or adware in my directories and so far it seems to be working fine after, although I have yet to test modded minecraft yet.