FTB News - September 18th, 2015

B

Big Bad

And here we are again! Lots of new stuff coming down the pipes!

Pack Updates:

Now that we’re all wound down from PAX, we’ve got a nice handful of pack updates for you!

First off, FTB Infinity had its 1.11.0 build pushed to Beta this week. This update introduces new mods such as EnderCore and Brandon’s Core and provides updates to Buildcraft, Draconic Evolution, Immersive Engineering, Railcraft, and many more. Underneath the hood, 1.11.0 also contains some future groundwork for the 2.0.0. update to be released later this year.

You can find 1.11.0’s changelog here.

Our Direwolf20 1.7.10 pack also received a fresh coat of paint in the form of TWO updates this week: the 1.7.0 Recommended update and the 1.8.0 Beta update. Both releases contain primarily mod updates with 1.7.0 adding in McJtyLib and 1.8.0 containing updates to many mods including, but not limited to, PneumaticCraft, RFTools, FunkyLocomotion, Industrialcraft, and Blood Magic.

Like always, you can find both 1.7.0’s and 1.8.0’s changelog here.

Both updates are publically available. You can download Infinity and Direwolf20 1.7.0 off of Curse or the FTB Launcher.​

Future Updates:

We’ve also got some new packs and big updates cooking behind the scenes. Our newest bouncing bundle of joy, Relentless, has recently entered private testing this week. What’s in it, you might ask? Well, we don’t wanna spoil the surprise, but it’s something that’s been requested for quite some time...

Our other big release, Infinity Hard Mode, is currently undergoing heavy development.

And speaking of Hard Mode...​

Infinity Hard Mode:

As you’ve probably heard by now, Infinity will be receiving an update that greatly expands upon the pack’s original gameplay. Infinity Hard Mode is scheduled to debut in the Infinity 2.0.0 update which will release this Fall. You can learn more about Hard Mode in tfox83’s, our Lead Pack Developer, writeup released a few days ago here.​

Curse Update:

Additionally, here's a quick word from FTB Founder slowpoke101:​

Overall I think everyone within the team has been more than happy with the way the partnership has gone so far. Several of the initial plans have been delayed or changed due to the way everything has evolved over the past 18 months. Primarily the move to the Curse Voice client which is now scheduled for some time next year whilst they continue to develop the client into a product that will suit our needs a bit better than it currently does. The plan in this area includes FTB having its own dedicated page on the client where we can include the latest news as well as include a direct feed to social media such as twitter.

With regards to the website the updated front page is currently in the design phase, however the move over to new forum software has been delayed, again this will probably happen some time next year when time permits. However we now have a tentative agreement to keep the domain www.feed-the-beast.com active after the move so there will be no need to update bookmarks any more.

For next year, we have already pencilled in tournaments at Pax South, East and Prime. We are also currently working up a plan for an ongoing online tournament that everyone can take part in as well. With regards to packs, it is still way too early to say where we are going to go with regards to Minecraft beyond 1.7. However we are continuing to investigate the possibility of making modpacks for games other than Minecraft.

With regards to Curse, they are currently making a large transition which promises to bring new benefits to FTB. Details of these changes can be found at http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...m-will-expand-to-new-california-location.aspx

However the tl:dr is that they are splitting the Communications team away from the media team and they are relocating the VOIP team to Irvine, California. This will move the team closer to developers such as Riot, Blizzard and Obsidian. The move will allow the team to focus greater resources onto the new client and this will be really good news for both FTB and everyone using the Curse Voice client.

Finally, next Sat around 3pm EST we have a planned special townhall meeting on http://www.twitch.tv/officialfeedthebeast with Kaelten from Curse Gaming for a fresh Q and A session. We will post up methods for submitting questions over the weekend, however if you're not already doing so, follow us on twitter @ftb_team for the very latest. Hopefully we will see a lot of you there.

Town Hall Special - Curse Q&A:

In case you didn't catch that, FTB will be hosting a special broadcast at the end of the month! This special edition of Town Hall will held on Saturday, September 26th at 3:00PM EST over at the Official Feed The Beast Twitch page. FTB Founder slowpoke101 and Lead Pack Developer tfox83 will be joining Kaelten from Curse Gaming to host a Q&A session.

Methods for submitting questions will be posted at a later date.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Out of the blue. Are we going to see an update of The Dark Trilogy at some point. It has an outdated non working Forestry version for months. It feels like a forgotten pack.

Reactions: Bennyboy1695

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Gideon is the one leading TDT, and he's not the guy with the most free time in the world, or the guy with the best PC in the world.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Gideon is the one leading TDT, and he's not the guy with the most free time in the world, or the guy with the best PC in the world.
No offense but a bug that is breaking a huge part of the pack for months which would be fixable within 5 minutes (singe mod update) sounds like it is being forgotten.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
No offense but a bug that is breaking a huge part of the pack for months which would be fixable within 5 minutes (singe mod update) sounds like it is being forgotten.

Five minutes, assuming that one update doesn't break a bunch of other mods in the pack, and assuming he doesn't test the pack before pushing an update.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Five minutes, assuming that one update doesn't break a bunch of other mods in the pack, and assuming he doesn't test the pack before pushing an update.
Assuming he trusts his players that made the update already and verified it to be working fine.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Out of the blue. Are we going to see an update of The Dark Trilogy at some point. It has an outdated non working Forestry version for months. It feels like a forgotten pack.
I'm sorry, I'm having a ton of trouble balancing all the packs I need to make, school, and having a social life lol. I swear I'll get to it at some point!

B

Big Bad

I'm sorry, I'm having a ton of trouble balancing all the packs I need to make, school, and having a social life lol. I swear I'll get to it at some point!

We've been stealing Gideon's free time to work on Relentless. Our bad!

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
You're going to love the college life then :p