FTB News - March 27th, 2015

B

Big Bad

Here we go again! Bit a slow week in terms of news, eh? Rest assured, we’re all still running around hectically prepping new content for you guys. We’ve just got a lot of things running in the background that we can’t announce juuuuuust yet.

...Can I announce that? Does that count? Did I accidently just make an announcement by announcing that we’ve got secret future announcements? Uhhhh….

PACK UPDATES

This week saw the update of four FTB packs: Infinity 1.3.4, Lite3 1.1.0, Mage Quest 1.1.1, and Direwolf20 1.7 1.2.1. All four updates are currently available as non-recommended downloads on the FTB Launcher as well as Curse Voice.

Assuming no critical bugs are found, these four packs will be pushed to recommended builds later next week.​

FUTURE PACKS

Couple updates on this front.​

First off, Trident has entered closed beta testing. Updates and initial test runs have gone smoothly and the pack is on schedule for a mid-April release. Be on the the lookout for more news over the coming weeks.

Secondly, we’re now working out the release schedule for our previously announced packs Departed and Relentless. We’re hoping for a steady stream of releases over the coming months.

Oh, and speaking of releases, we’ve got another pack announcement to make. A sequel to one of our surprise-hit packs has just recently been cleared for development. That’s right - Horizons2 - 1.7.10 is now in active development. Again, be on the lookout for more information in the coming weeks.​

And that's that! See you all next week!

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
I wonder why more new packs get created if there are still packs which could need an update like Resurrection and Dark Trilogy.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I wonder why more new packs get created if there are still packs which could need an update like Resurrection and Dark Trilogy.
Resurrection is sort of frozen right now. Due to the overhaul of GregTech, we would need to remake the pack from the ground-up, and we don't have the time nor much of a reason to do so.

As for Dark Trilogy - I am now maintaining it. I'll have an update ready sometime in the next few weeks.

Reactions: Padfoote

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, new packs,new updates, yeah ! Wait, is my computer still running on Java 6 ? Oh well, let's see how Voids Wrath looks like ...

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Yay, updates! We didn't think you guys were dead and throw a party or anything...

Oh, wait... I'm one of "those guys" aren't I?
*retreats back to convo*

Spoiler-Alert.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pudding01

Shaithlis

Jul 29, 2019
How about an update when Material Energy ^4 and packs that are popular like that showing up on this new state-of-the-art launcher. Come on, ya'll put packs that were created by FTB years ago on there lol.

THEminer72

Jul 29, 2019
I'm excited, damn this is the new shit. All the packs have cool names and the trident trailer was badass. Horizons 2 will be amazing, hope electrical age and rotarycraft will be in the pack.

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
For all trying to test FTB LIte 1.1.0.; select it manually because for some reason if you pick "recommended" version 1.0.5 will be launched.