FTB Monster wither head/nether star farm?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Note: That nether star recipe only works in peaceful mode.

Encode recipe, put recipe in ME interface on a chest.

ME comparator reading chest inventory level. 0< items in inventory, redstone signal to command block 1 setting gamemode to 1

Itemduct from chest to cyclic assembler, assemble nether star, itemduct exporting to chest. Comparator on chest sending redstone signal to command block 2, setting gamemode back to 0.

Import bus on chest.

If there's a non-cheaty way to do it, i'm all ears :)

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
The wither cage is just big enough to hold the wither, so it ends up in the spikes and takes damage. The water source is outside the main cage and around a corner, so it's protected from the wither itself; there's only flowing water at the bottom of the cage.
I see... How do you prevent the annoying spawn noise constantly?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I see... How do you prevent the annoying spawn noise constantly?
RE:
I farm Wither Skulls with a Cursed Earth Spawner in a nether fortress. This also generates lots of blaze rods and mob essence.

I make Soul Sand with Magic Crops.

I've set up a wither cage with Thaumcraft warded blocks and Iron Spikes at the top to kill them. Water flows through the bottom of the cage to sweep the drops out, where they're grabbed by a vacuum hopper.

I use a turtle to build the Wither then retreat through a hole in the cage. The program sleeps for 100 s after each cycle, plenty of time for the wither to die.

There's an extra utilities transfer set up with a rationing pipe to keep a stack each of coal, skulls and soul sand in the wither.

I'm sitting on about 750 nether stars at the moment, and still have a couple thousand wither skulls sitting around. :)

More importantly, how do you stop the annoying server wide death scream?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Warded sound mufflers from OpenBlocks? Like, tons of them?

Kill it before it knows it's alive?

Mute your sound?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Lets go through those, @Eruantien and see why those don't really work.
  1. Can't ward TEs and plus the sound mufflers are from XU as an aside.
  2. Can't damage it until it "knows it's alive" thus can't kill it, plus it's does that on death, so on death, even if it has died before it knows it, it screams anyway.
  3. Could work, but what good is that for anyone but you, let alone you and how much one needs sound?
Now, the Sound Control mod might work. If one could locate the one sound in it's menus.

C

chbachman

2. Can't damage it until it "knows it's alive" thus can't kill it, plus it's does that on death, so on death, even if it has died before it knows it, it screams anyway.
  3. Could work, but what good is that for anyone but you, let alone you and how much one needs sound?
Now, the Sound Control mod might work. If one could locate the one sound in it's menus.
I made a auto wither killer. Sound control is the only thing that works, the sound name is wither.death or something like that. I have tried everything, but I just ended up distributing sound control to my users. :p

Reactions: YX33A

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
MFR auto spawner set to exact mode, fans and conveyors pushing skellies on top of an AutoAct with a TiCo cleaver with beheading, quartz, luck and RF which is automatically pulled out to recharge(sometimes). Skulls and exp picked up by vacuum hopper.

3 MFFS projectors, 1 for containing field(surround field with blocks or the wither can glitch through the forcefield, ward these blocks cos they sometimes get destroyed) the field will protect the vacuum hoppers from being destroyed by wither blast. 1 to place soul sand using ''custom mode'' and 1 to place skulls. Timing controlled through 3 state cells, result press button spawn wither.

Wither is then killed by the mob killy thing from MFFS(can't remember name), DO NOT use the zappy if touched upgrade for the containing forcefield, Mr Wither doesn't like it and glitches right through..

Drops collected by vacuum hoppers

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Oops, my mistake. I was just brainstorming here, don't mind me...
Hey, basically, the Wither is a boss, like the Ender Dragon. It really was never meant to be automated in the first place, so if we have to deal with slight "inconveniences" like the sounds of death, so be it. There doesn't seem to be a way to stop it without messing with the client's sounds it would seem.

MrCowle

Jul 29, 2019
I saw something where someone had autonomous activators place the skulls, then the wither drops down. It's encased in warded obsidian blocks, so the wither can't escape, and there is no space for it to move. The second it gets to the bottom, a shock panel will kill them. As long as you can supply the skulls and soul sand, painless wither farming - except for the noise D:

Here is original thread with video and better explanation: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/the-hourglass-simple-wither-boss-farm-ftb-monster.45420/