FTB Monster - What is the point of Uranium now?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
With the advent of extremely efficient and space-saving wind power and the removal of hybrid solars what's the point of Uranium now?

I started assembling a nuclear reactor then heard that breeders were removed, so that really was an off-putter to sustainable nuclear power in the IC2 form, anyway.

So what is uranium good for now?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Breeders are still possible in IC2 EXP. Go over to their forums to see the current list of all types of reactors. There are special ones for the MOX fuel you can make after running a normal reactor to get plutonium. There output goes up exponentially as they get hotter. Think breeder heat with massive EU output. The other cool thing now is the radioisotope generators. You use the waste from your reactor to craft fuel pellets. Once you get 5(I think) in the generator, it puts out 16 Eu/tick forever. By burning through fuel in a normal reactor, you can get to a point where you have infinite energy without ever needing more fuel. Just keep adding them as you get more nuclear waste to fill them. The newest build of IC2 actually made nuclear viable again.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
*shrugs*

It was a good guess though. I haven't used IC2 since slightly after I started playing 1.5.2, so my only interaction with the new stuff is whatever DireWolf has been playing with in his videos.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Nukes don't use uranium. But you're more than welcome to try again! :D
I believe they do now. Up to 16 in a stack, with 8 TNT, stacking up to 16 each, in a circle around it. The more of each, the bigger the explosion.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Nukes don't use uranium. But you're more than welcome to try again! :D
Try again.
image.jpg

Reactions: PhantomRage

TheSirusKing

Jul 29, 2019
Uranium 238 is terrible fuel for nuclear bombs :p Reinriched uranium is second best with about 500 explosion rating, with plutonium the best with 1900. The config Limits both to something like 60 explosion rating though. The full 64 plutonium with 64 ITNT gives an explosion a little bigger then the hiroshima bomb.

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
You using uranium? Doesn't make sense.

In Soviet Russia, you do not, under any circumstance, use uranium.
Uranium uses YOU.

Embrace this cycle. Use it in technological advancements and powerful explosions. Love Uranium, and it loves you. Uranium "intoxicates" you, leading to a sense of delirious happiness whenever it is applies anywhere. This gives rise to "nuclear addiction".

Just my two cents.

:cool:

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Translation from Uranium into Yellorium for my Big Reactors.

(No, really, I have a JABBA barrel locked to Yellorium just for ore dict'ing this).

Even better is how well it plays with the RotaryCraft ore multiplication cycle vs. actual Yellorite Ore. =)