FTB Monster - Tinkers Construct, can't make casts.

Ronni Kristiansen

Jul 29, 2019
I have recently started a server with Monster 1.0.9, which runs fine and all mods seem to function. I do have one problem however. I've built a Tinkers Smeltery, loaded it with gold ore, and tried to create an ingot cast, by putting a brick/ingot in the casting table. It seems to work fine but when I try to pick up the cast by rightclicking the table, it just picks up the brick/ingot, and there's no cast.

I also tried making blanks and using them in the Stencil Table, but when I load the blank in the left slot, and click next/previous, there's no stencils available, so I can't create anything using the Stencil Table.

Anyone know what might be wrong?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
To make casts you need to smelt Aluminum Brass(not gold) and pour it from a Faucet on a Drain out over the Ingot onto the casting table and let it cool.

The stencil table is only made to make stencils for items below metal grade.

Ronni Kristiansen

Jul 29, 2019
Tried it with alu brass as well, and same outcome. When I rightclick the cast to pick it up (normally you pick up the cast first, then the bar you used for the cast), it just picks up the bar, and the cast disappears. I saw some videos on Youtube, made with FTB monster, where people used the stencil table to create casts, simply by putting a blank in the left slot, then click next until the ingot shematic shows in the right slot and bingo... just doesn't work for me.

Edit: or is aluminium brass and alu ore two different things? And why does gold work in all the guide videos, but not for me?

Ronni Kristiansen

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, was using enough gold... but now it gets weird. Had this problem all day yesterday, and this morning, then my brother logs on, and it works fine for him. Even more weird, after he picked up a cast, I was able to create casts which I couldn't before...

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
I've found that sometimes the graphics on the TiCo pourings derps out and you need to reclick the faucet in order to pour out enough liquid metal to finish the casts. I've been told it's caused by desynching or some such. Glad your problem's fixed.