FTB Monster Thaumcraft 4 Node help!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

WIDEO

Jul 29, 2019
So I was strolling around the jungle searching for cows to create a backpack. Instead, I'm sucked into what looks like a thaumcraft node and died. Lost all my good tools. It's a black hole that counts as the void and I can't destroy it because it's too high up. I want to destroy it so I can get it out of the way but I just cant. Help please

EDIT: here is the image of the node http://i.imgur.com/VOClSjx.png

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
So I was strolling around the jungle searching for cows to create a backpack. Instead, I'm sucked into what looks like a thaumcraft node and died. Lost all my good tools. It's a black hole that counts as the void and I can't destroy it because it's too high up. I want to destroy it so I can get it out of the way but I just cant. Help please

EDIT: here is the image of the node http://i.imgur.com/VOClSjx.png

congratulations, you found a hungry node.
and my condolences, you found a hungry node.

WIDEO

Jul 29, 2019
So how do I get rid of it? I'm new to thaumcraft and just started up this world.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Don't mind a cheaty way? Force Wrench (or so I've heard) shift-right click can pick it up.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

WIDEO

Jul 29, 2019
Don't mind a cheaty way? Force Wrench (or so I've heard) shift-right click can pick it up.

Unfortunately, FTB Monster doesn't have dartcraft. Also, because it's floating in the air, if I go 5ish blocks near it, it instantly lunges me towards and and kills me or launches me straight up into the air and die from the fall damage. Thanks though.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, FTB Monster doesn't have dartcraft. Also, because it's floating in the air, if I go 5ish blocks near it, it instantly lunges me towards and and kills me or launches me straight up into the air and die from the fall damage. Thanks though.

to get rid of it in a thaumcrafty way, craft a focus of excavation, put it on a wand and try mining it from a distance
if you want a more technological way of getting rid of it, mining laser set to explosive mode for some extra fun :)

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...does the rocket launcher from mfr work against the node?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...does the rocket launcher from mfr work against the node?

I've no idea, because I have never used the rocket launcher from MFR, is it a new item?
quick way to test is to put a normal node down in a creative world and shoot it with the rocket launcher and see if the node gets destroyed

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, named SPAMR launcher? Not at the computer at the moment and had never tried it out. I only saw it when I wss looking at the needle gun. That shoots anvil.