FTB Monster Server RAM

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What host do you recommend?

• Total voters

JackyS

Jul 29, 2019
Couple of my friends and I are planing to rent a server so we can play Monster pack together. So here are my questions: 1.How much RAM is it required to run server without lag?
2. What good host do you recommend?
We plan to rent a server from ServerMiner, Stone package (that is 15 slots, 750MB of RAM).
We aren't gonna need 15 slots, because only 5 of us are going to play.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Umm.. I should say that.. 2 gigas minimum.. I've set up a little server on my second computer (Using linux, so maybe in windows it would be different) with 2 gigas (after trying 1 and 1,5) and it works correctly. Now, linux uses less ram, so maybe if server miner uses another OS that should be a little more, but.. I dont think any server rental service uses anything else than linux.. So yeah.. Dont quote me on that, but i think that its the minimum you would need. May be wrong though, but remember that Monster is... well.. A monster.. In client mode without using a server it needs at least 4 gigas of ram to work correctly without lag spikes.[DOUBLEPOST=1395945082][/DOUBLEPOST]As for hosts, I never used them but I believe the FTB team knows what they do and they recommend creeper host so.. Creeper host should be the best option.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Get the zombie package from Creeperhost. It has been quite sufficient for me and my friends. Chunk loading is a bit laggy, but I suspect it would be much better with a higher end package.
Also, we have 3 gigabytes of RAM dedicated at the moment, and at any given time half of it is in use.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I heard FragNet is pretty good, and after checking it out it sounded awesome. Never hosted myself though, also RAM deoends on pack, 2-3 gigs is usually pretty good

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Don't go below 2 GB memory on the server, that would be my recommendation. The server I am renting now has 3 GB and gets auto configured by the host for max 70 players. That is completely unrealistic when talking about large mod packs however. Even with 3 GB it runs out of memory eventually with only 1-2 people on (I suspect there are memory leaks in Monster 1.0.9).

fishille

Jul 29, 2019
I am running FTB Monster on a CreeperHost Spider level server with up to 5 people on it and have not had any server lag. Also many kudos to their prompt support on matters. I went with Spider as recommended for the mod level for FTB packs, Monster 1.1.0 hasn't had memory leaks for me.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I am running Monster on FragNet with the 2GB package. We're usually 4-5 players online at a time.

Couldn't be happier. Had other hosts before, and FragNet are hands down, the best.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking