FTB Monster - Rubber Trees - Sticky Resin?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

InsaneMoose

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed in FTB Monster there are two types of rubber wood on NEI. One from IC2 and one from Minefactory reloaded. From every tutorial I've seen to start IC2, they show collecting sticky resin from the rubber trees using a tap. All of my rubber trees say minefactory reloaded and look a little bit different and I have not seen any of the little resin blotches everyone shows in their videos. I'm a noob so I have no idea whats going on. Do I just have to keep looking for the IC2 type of rubber tree? Are they even spawned?

Last edited:

Elbling

Jul 29, 2019
Keep searching around until you find a rubber tree that is not from MineFactory Reloaded. They're not hard to find.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
IC2 rubber trees are a lot darker than the MFR ones and the leaf blocks are a lot more seethrough, at least in the default textures.

I've found they tend to spawn more in swamp biomes than anywhere else including forests.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You can use MFR raw rubber in place of IC2 sticky resin and MFR rubber bars in place of IC2 rubber. You can get raw rubber from MFR rubber trees by cutting them down.
Yeah that's true but some people insist on doing the song and dance wit the extractor, it technically does yield more rubber per item but MFR trees are faster though.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You can also put the MFR rubber wood in the extractor to get IC2 rubber, iirc.
True, true. MFR harvesters/ planters are also also compatible, well obviously.
Also if you have Mekanism the sawmill also yeilds rubber and copious amounts of wood.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that's true but some people insist on doing the song and dance wit the extractor, it technically does yield more rubber per item but MFR trees are faster though.
You can bloody farm MFR trees manually. IC2 trees do not drop enough saps for that.

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
I was under the assumption that the IC2 rubber trees worked alongside the MFR Fruit picker? I'm fairly certain I saw in the changelogs at some point that fruit picker no longer dries up ic2 rubber tree resin holes?

Decided to actually back this one up with the changelog:
  • Added: FruitPicker no longer dries out IC2 rubber spots
Also the forestry multi-farm can automate them right?

Edit : You people were talking about manually harvesting.. I'm not used to seeing that word on the FTB forums ;)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I know they arent meant to, but it is MUCH easier to farm MFR rubber trees than wait for IC2 spots
Especially if you rush TiCo tool forget tools, I usually make my tool forge before my smeltery. I can end up with a cheap stone lumber axe pretty quickly.