FTB Monster ME Controller bug

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

sigaming

Jul 29, 2019
problem : ME controller shuts down and will not work until replaced after leaving the area.

Yes the base is chunkloaded (chickenchunks kind)
Yes I removed extra cells mod from my system
Yes I have a Quantum field link to another base
No it only has one controller
Yes chunkloader covers where the controller is but not the remote base (server reason)
Yes the ME system connects to IC2, Thermal Expansion, Rotarycraft, Mariculture, Breakerplus, nderchest, logisticspiping mfr machines
Yes the system has more than 30 import/export buses and roughly 20 interfaces
Yes the server automatically powers the ME system

edited 4:38pm 06-12-14

Last edited:

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
Every time I unload the chunk the ME controller is in it shuts down.

Why would you say you unload the chunk then? if you say it's chunk loaded, it can't not be chunk loaded, right? Depending on what chunk loader you're using of course, I know there's a chunk loader that runs off of ender pearls, never really touched it. In reply to the help and assistance you need, I have none towards such a matter. It didn't really make sense to me. Could you please (possibly) re-write this more thoroughly? Otherwise other people such as I may not fully understand what you mean, I have a hard time comprehending most things in this post.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Its is chunk loaded I guess I should have mentioned that
What are you using to load the chunks? Chicken Chunks, Railcraft, MFR, and iirc Rotarycraft all have chunk loaders. It might be that your chunk loader isn't working. Do other machines in the chunk run while no one's around?

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
You could be at the per-player chunk loader limit, or the server may be configured to ignore the chunk loader you're using. If you have Opis (and, potentially, sufficient privileges), you could check if the chunks are actually being force loaded. Likewise, if you have access, it might be worth checking the server config. Not sure if there's anything else you could do.

Reactions: Skvapter

Turtles

Jul 29, 2019
Got the same problem, I created a post to discuss it, but it seems someone did it before, so I'm copy/paste my post here.

These days I decided to move my base to another Mystcraft World, so I setup a Quantum Bridge for my AE system and that started my problem.
Everytime I travel between worlds my ME controller lose connection, I thought it could be a chunk loading problem, so I kept the chunk loaded with a chunk loader, still got the problem.

Transfered everything I needed and broke the Quantum Bridge, the problem was not solved.

I thought it was a power problem, because the ME Controller only has 2000 MJ for energy storage, and I'm draining 140 MJ/t (2800 MJ/s), so I placed some Energy Cell attached to the system, and I still lose connection when travelling.

The ME Controller keeps unconnected when I come back to my main world, and its phisicaly unconnected (the ME cables are not connected) I have to replace it manually.

If I stays on this world, it works normally, even without the Energy Cells.

For energy transfering I'm using Mekanism Universal Cables (got Mekanism and PneumaticCraft manually instaled), Could be it?

I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Grammar

EDIT 2: Right after posting it in here I follow one of the sugestions above, chunk the whole area with ME things attached, and it worked. My area is pretty big, and I didn't know it would cause a bug to let some areas, besides the controller, unloaded.

Last edited:

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
one thing to look out for here is the border of your chunkloading.
I had a weird problem a while back where my quarry would stop sending stuff, and eventually destroy my ender chest.

the problem was the ender chest and BC pipe was ONE BLOCK outside the chunkloading boundary. The quarry output would pile up inside the BC pipes (this was before TE3), and when i came within range, everything would try to move into the pipe all at once. The pipe would blow up and take the chest with it. Easily fixed, but also highly annoying.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
I have an even stranger issue. (Monster 1.1.2)
ME system is in a Mystcraft age, connected to a LP network. Entire workshop and environs is chunkloaded, power is not an issue (super algae>hydrogen>3x gas turbine, with dual drums as backup buffer and more algae than it can use.)
Sometimes when I log back in after sleeping IRL, the ME behaves thusly:
1. Putting new items into the ME displays them until I close the interface, then they're gone.
2. Removing items shows them as removed, they appear in my inventory, but when I craft something with the ME craft interface and close the interface, the item counts reset. This only happens for some items, not others, effectively making an unstable duping system.
Breaking the controller and placing it back fixes everything.