FTB Modpacks Not Launching

Status
Not open for further replies.

hideyholeman

Jul 29, 2019
Downloading the launcher for the first time on this computer (Windows 8), the client doesn't seem to be able to launch my chosen modpack. Every time I go to load it I get an error popup message that says:

"Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine."
"Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit."

Then the launcher shuts down. I've tried uninstalling the client and reinstalling, etc. but I can't seem to figure out what's wrong. Here's what it says in the console after doing the whole, "loading madpacks".

Logging in...
Login Complete.
Unleashed
Modpack is up to date.
dirs mk'd
Current: 1.5.2
Required: 1.5.2
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 1024
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using a texture pack? If you are then 1GB max memory might not cut it. Try it without Optifine and/or the texture pack. If you are not using a texture pack try following the recommended install guide. If after that you are still experiencing problems please follow the paragraph below.

Also please provide the entire console log next time if you experience more errors. It is easy to do, just click on the 'Paste my log to pastebin.com' button on the console. This will give you a link at the bottom of the console and you type that link here for us to see your log. Look here for more info about the logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.