FTB Mod Updates to 1.7.2!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MrDlor

Jul 29, 2019
EE3 is marked as Dev - In development, available to public thats incorrect sir the only public version is 1.5.2 just letting you know :)

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Look at the last tweet from Eloraam

That doesn't really mean much. A "big announcement" might be RP2, but it might also be practically anything else.

I agree that it probably is RP2 but I object to taking that tweet as proof-positive.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
As said, I don't think rp2 should be marked as Dev*. It just gets peoples hopes up and then they will be sad again :D
Saying that she is working on it (which she didn't really do) does not mean that there is an (unavailable for public) dev version.

Cacofiend

Jul 29, 2019
Not to sound snarky, but I'd almost prefer FTB move away from RedPower to RedLogic or one of the equivalents. Eloraam isn't around to update all that often, and even when she is, it takes a while to gain any momentum.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Not to sound snarky, but I'd almost prefer FTB move away from RedPower to RedLogic or one of the equivalents. Eloraam isn't around to update all that often, and even when she is, it takes a while to gain any momentum.

The players on my server keep complaining that RP2 is no longer present (ungrateful munchkins) but I'm honestly just as happy to see the back of RP2. There are plenty of replacements for everything it does that, no offense and all respect to Eloraam, actually update.

I have the utmost respect for Elo, her skills and what she does, but her unwillingness to accept any help with her mod means that any pack using it is going to end up consistently far beyond the curve and that might have been all right when RP was the only mod that did what RP does but we've gone well beyond it now (see: Programmable Rednet Controller)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to backseat moderate, but can we please not get Vilsol's very helpful thread locked by turning it into yet another Redpower2 discussion? I mean, there's like six hundred other threads with completely identical contents and opinions all over these forums. Especially popular are always the posts that claim to not care about the mod at all - in fact, they care about it so little that they must post it everywhere, apparently...

If you do not care, just do not reply. Only YOU can stop forest fires... and repetitive beating of dead horses.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Especially popular are always the posts that claim to not care about the mod at all - in fact, they care about it so little that they must post it everywhere, apparently...

Point of order, I've only ever made 10 posts.

You're right though, it was only brought up due to a 1.6.2 update appearing on the list as existing in private dev. So let us indeed move on.

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
Thats an addon for EE3 with his own compiled unofficial version of EE3. I would hardly call that a beta public release.
A word of caution: that "unofficial" version is causing crashes in other mods when installed. No one yet knows why...

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
Have you updated the list recently? i just noticed that, and don't quote me but... tinkers construct is actually 1.6. ready. i followed your link. as i say i may have missed something but thats what it looks like to me. give this happening, there maybe other that have updated there status. just saying.

Vilsol

Jul 29, 2019
Have you updated the list recently? i just noticed that, and don't quote me but... tinkers construct is actually 1.6. ready. i followed your link. as i say i may have missed something but thats what it looks like to me. give this happening, there maybe other that have updated there status. just saying.

Thanks for the update, now it is 1.6.2, before it was listed as Beta

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update, now it is 1.6.2, before it was listed as Beta

cool, i have not much to do at the moment so i'm gogin throught the list to see if its current. i'll list and post once i've completed. Or send you a message letting you know BF3 distracted me :D

Vilsol

Jul 29, 2019
cool, i have not much to do at the moment so i'm gogin throught the list to see if its current. i'll list and post once i've completed. Or send you a message letting you know BF3 distracted me :D

Okay thanks :)

I am actually currently making the system for which mods are in which packs.

Digdug

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to backseat moderate, but can we please not get Vilsol's very helpful thread locked by turning it into yet another Redpower2 discussion?

It's not so much a discussion of Redpower2 as it's a debate on whether or not the Dev classification is justified. Apparently it's listed as Dev because there was a "big announcement" that Eloraam was hoping to make, but let's be honest, there's no mention of 1.6 in the twitter feed, and the last posts that actually say anything about development status say a 1.5 version is in the works (and that has never appeared).

What we're saying is that it's misleading to say it's in Dev for 1.6 when it's not actually mentioned anywhere. You can't make the assumption that "big announcement" means there's a RedPower2 version that's being developed and released. The announcement could just as easily be that she's officially quitting development, or that she's decided to hand off to someone else, or any other of a myriad of things. The only thing mentioned is that it's in dev for 1.5, so claiming it's in development for 1.6 without word from the author is misleading.