Problem FTB mod-packs are hogging up ram and slowing down computer

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

lumikupoli

Sep 29, 2020
I'm trying to play the packs, and my entire computer starts to slow down after the packs load into their menus. This problem started to happen lately, and never acted like this before. I haven't observed it with any other mod/mod-pack launcher, i don't particularly know what to do now, and any help would be highly appreciated.

HimeKun

Sep 28, 2020
I mean they tend to hog up at least 4G to run ok. But its reccomended you run at like 5-6 Gigs

you closed google chrome? chrome is a big memory hogger so close that down then see if you get any improvements.

lumikupoli

Sep 29, 2020
Hi, and thanks for responding, I've given it 5 gigs to work on, and it did work on it well in the past, but in current time it has started to be more problematic, i have tried closing down chrome, and it did help somewhat, though i would like to know what's causing the issue, since it used to run both programs without issue.

HimeKun

Sep 28, 2020
Whats causing the problem. eh? uhm how long has this been happening?

there can be multiple diagnosis' as to if its the launcher/pack/another application/etc.

lumikupoli

Sep 29, 2020
I don't know what's causing the problem, all I know is it started happening a week ago, and before that it worked perfectly fine.

It's not my computer, but the FTB program, as forge loaded mods work perfectly fine, aswell as the technic launcher's modpacks. Should I delete and reinstall the launcher?

lumikupoli

Sep 29, 2020
Ok, i've come to the realization that i have no idea on how to remove FTB from my computer.

Edit: it also appears that the app's documents are being a little weird. I'm assuming this happend because i re installed the FTB app after i had to haphazardly delete stuff from my computer because of a Blue Screen of Death.

Last edited: