FTB Mod Pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Frink14

Jul 29, 2019
Is FTB going to be a collection of mods, like Technic, and going to be updated when mods get updated?

I was wondering because I thought reading somewhere that FTB mod pack is just being used only for FTB maps for competetion/adventure play. Is FTB going to be used(or it's purpose) as an alternate to other mod packs like Technic or was it's original intent just a pack to be used for tournament uses only?

I really enjoy playing with FTB as a single player pack, but I am worried about the long term, once the Beta pack is out of Beta will it still be adding/updating mods to the pack with new mods. What is this "Main pack" that I have found while searching for an answer? Will this replace the Beta? Sorry for all the questions and if they have been answered but I really love this pack and was wondering more about it.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
FTB was previously just a map, now it's a complete mod pack. The beta pack is an incomplete version of the main pack, they're adding planned mods as they update as of right now the mods that are going to be added are redpower and xycraft. In the launcher you're also able to use other modpacks such as the magic pack, universal electricity pack, and when all the mods are updated direwolf's modpack which I'm really looking forward to. Hope this helps :)

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
yes, the FTB modpack will be much like the Modpack-that-must-not-be-named, with a few extras (like Forestry) and with the main purpose of providing the mods for the FTB map and for DW20's LP series.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
FTB mod pack is just being used only for FTB maps
Correct, but that's only one of the 6 mod packs the team will be maintaining. There will also be a pack centered around magic, one around technology, one that is a mix of both, one designed for putting less strain on smaller servers (the "lite" pack as it's been called...), and one maintained by Direwolf20 for his fans to follow along with his SSP LP. Even the pack for the FTB map is likely to be quickly updated along with the mods.