FTB/Minecraft 'I have never...'

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
I have never fought a boss battle in a fair way (yay for high powered end game armor and entrapment)

xXShadowOo

Jul 29, 2019
Never survived a creeper explosion in hardcore for some reason

It either kills me or sends me flying down a mountain or into other mobs, it always kills me at the end. :(

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
... danced with the devil in the pale moonlight.

No, seriously. I have yet to summon a devil from Witchery at any time of day, let alone at night.

Reactions: casilleroatr

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Was that because of too much yolo, or not enough yolo?

I have never used a cauldron for it's intended purpose. Not even in vanilla.
The Cauldron has a purpose in vanilla?! Shit, son, I guess you learn something every day.

Oh, and I have never found any wither skulls. Killed the wither once, but no skulls, ever.

Also never used the IC2 Mining Laser for actual mining... Or for killing things. I used it to destroy RP2 Rubberwood trees and not much else. Dunno, never been that great in my eyes. I mean, I have a railgun from MPS, and now apparently a rocket launcher from MPS(though I had one from ICBM for ages first), had Wand Foci for mining(or a actual wand in TC3), and if mining with a Wand isn't my style, I can just cast a Projectile Dig spell and laugh. Plus fireballs from AM2 for 'splosions at a distance, mana bolt for basic pew pew, the aforementioned projectile dig spell, or maybe a beam dig spell if I'm feeling fancy. I don't have a shotgun personally, but I know that mods add things like them(wasn't there a Gravel Gun? Sounds like a zip-gun style shotgun).

Reactions: steve g

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
finished a proper redstone computer. i always start and get stuck somewhere with the extreme limitations of redstone (lag, distance, delay). redpower was nice, but it was worse in terms of lag. project red shows promise. already have a working ram setup going.

dont you dare say rednet...those controllers are just a tad much in complexity.

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
Never continued a survival world more than a couple of hours on single player. On multiplayer it's about a week. :(

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, and I have never found any wither skulls. Killed the wither once, but no skulls, ever.

never killed a wither skeleton in the nether? its rare but they do drop them

gany's nether mod (in horizons) has a very rare plant called a wither bush. find one of those and plant it, you'll be getting a few wither skulls ;)

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
never killed a wither skeleton in the nether? its rare but they do drop them

gany's nether mod (in horizons) has a very rare plant called a wither bush. find one of those and plant it, you'll be getting a few wither skulls ;)
The skull drop rate on wither skeletons isnt that rare. At least it wasnt in 1.4.7

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
Never seen a witch (I'm pretty sure it's impossible for them to spawn without severely editing their house, which makes me wonder why Jeb was so bloody proud of them)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Never seen a witch (I'm pretty sure it's impossible for them to spawn without severely editing their house, which makes me wonder why Jeb was so bloody proud of them)
Welcome to vanilla? I have seen too many bwitches in the Mystic Forest Biome from BoP to understand the idea behind them spawning in huts. Maybe in the wilds around their hut. Maybe if their hut wasn't impossible to get into without building a way in(or magic, I suppose). But yes, Jeb was very proud of bwitches, and I don't understand why either.