FTB Map Editing

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MortalDanger

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in need of something. I've got an enormous area with thousands of water source blocks I need to clear. Anything out there like MCEdit that will work?

IpOnly

Jul 29, 2019
I assume MCEdit is giving you trouble because of all the new block ids? If you can find a way around that, MCEdit's fill/replace filter sounds like it'd work for you.

MortalDanger

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, problem is is that it turns all the blocks it doesn't recognize to dirt or stone or gets rid of them entirely.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Use forcefields, there's a forcefield upgrade which removes all water blocks in the field. You can stack strength upgrades up to 64, this should allow you to remove water from a rather sizable area.

Codex

Jul 29, 2019
I like to think that building up is the fun of these modpacks. It's better then having more energy then you will ever need and nothing to use it on!

Make clearing that water one of your goals...

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
ive heard the quarry frame deletes water source blocks. Its a bit rough since it has to be square, but itd also be a whole lot easier than the mffs. Then get some capsules/whatever and mop up the rest.

MortalDanger

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, it is now. Unfortunately, I really need that space for a new storage room and power room. After painstakingly enclosing the whole area in glass underwater, I realized I was an idiot. Sigh.

NightKev

Jul 29, 2019
MCEdit should work fine with mod blocks, it just displays them as unknown pink blocks and leaves them alone; I used MCEdit to repair a Technic MP map during 1.8.1 when some strange chunk corruption appeared. Did a recent MCEdit update introduce a bug where it deletes unknown blocks now?

MortalDanger

Jul 29, 2019
MCEdit should work fine with mod blocks, it just displays them as unknown pink blocks and leaves them alone; I used MCEdit to repair a Technic MP map during 1.8.1 when some strange chunk corruption appeared. Did a recent MCEdit update introduce a bug where it deletes unknown blocks now?

Naw, it doesn't work right. It turns any modded blocks into dirt or stone or deletes them entirely.

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
On the mcedit page you can read the future plans and it says they will all support for modded maps in 0.7 they are in 0.6x so maybe soonish? Although he is not known for his fast updates.

/Manu