FTB Map Discussion

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Spoiler Alert: for anyone still playing the FTB Map, and do not wish to be spoiled, then you may better not read this topic.

most of us who have come to this website will probably have atleast played once the FTB Map Normal or Insanity. with all these people who have played these maps, I thought it'd be a nice idea to make a topic where we can talk about the map, or share the ideas or contraptions that you've build on these maps, or even share these maps.
you could also for example talk about what strategies you use, what ways you acquire what items (for example glowstone dust) and perhaps even post tutorials.

I came to this idea because right now, alot of FTB team members are currently playing the FTB maps live on twitch, and I have to confess, I am also playing Insanity right now, and I have played these maps alot, usually because I got frustrated and started anew :p

right now the only things I can share are the achievement requirements for Insanity, something that is pretty much a must when you play these maps, and it's probably something we've all made before.

A Redstone Paradise (Pink) (Reward)
  • Clock
  • Block Breaker
  • Energy Crystal
  • Deployer
  • Piston
  • Dispenser
  • Transposer
  • Timer
  • Quarry
Advanced Machines (Grey) (Reward)
  • MFSU
  • Terraformer
  • Rotary Macerator
  • Induction Furnace
  • Recycler
  • Singularity Compressor
  • Mass Fabricator
  • Geothermal Generator
  • Centrifuge Extractor
Blood and Water (Refractory Capsules) (Light Blue) (Reward)
  • Lava Capsule x64
  • Biofuel Capsule x64
  • Seed Oil Capsule x64
  • Water Capsule x64
  • Oil Capsule x64
  • Honey Capsule x64
  • Biomass Capsule x64
  • Fuel Capsule x64
  • Juice Capsule x64
Blood, Sweat and Tears (Purple)(Reward)
  • Splash Potion of Slowness (3:00)
  • Splash Potion of Strength (1:07)
  • Splash Potion of Weakness (1:07)
  • Splash Potion of Poison (0:16)
  • Splash Potion of Fire Resistance (2:15)
  • Splash Potion of Swiftness
  • Splash Potion of Regeneration
  • Splash Potion of Harming II
  • Splash Potion of Healing II
Burn Rubber (Cyan) (Reward)
  • EU Detector Cable
  • Miner
  • MFE
  • Macerator
  • HV Transformer
  • Electric Furnace
  • Compressor
  • Tesla Coil
  • Crop-matron
Fires of Hell (Yellow) (Reward)
  • Abyss Helmet
  • Infernal Armor
  • Gravity Greaves
  • Hurricane Boots
  • Red Katar
  • Red Morning Star
  • Pedestal
  • Alchermical Tome
  • Red Matter Furnace
Gated Logic (Lime) (Reward)
  • Request Logistics Pipe x64
  • Gold AND Gate x64
  • Quick Sort Module x64
  • Diamond AND Gate x64
  • Apiarist's Pipe x64
  • Diamond OR Gate x64
  • Liquid Supplier Logistics Pipe x64
  • Gold OR Gate x64
  • Chassis Pipe Mk5 x64
Items of Power (Light Grey) (Reward)
  • Body Stone
  • Soul Stone
  • Volcanite Amulet
  • Life Stone
  • Catalytic Lens
  • Watch of Flowing Time
  • Mind Stone
  • Evertide Amulet
  • Mercurial Eye
Power Ranger (Uncharged) (Orange) (Reward)
  • Nano Helmet
  • Near Depleted Uranium Cell
  • Quantum Body Armor
  • Nano Body Armor
  • Nano Boots
  • Quantum Leggings
  • Nano Leggins
  • Quantum Helmet
  • Quantum Boots
Shit Ton of Energy (White)
  • 100 Million EU
Small but Mighty (Red) (Reward)
  • Central Processing Unit
  • Backplane x8
  • Frame Motor
  • Disk Drive
  • 8k RAM Module x8
  • Redpower Pump
  • Monitor
  • IO Expander x8
  • Accelerator
Solar Power(Black) (Reward)
  • LV Solar Array
  • MV Solar Array
  • Light Sensor
  • Redpower Solar Panel
  • HV Solary Array
  • Apiary
  • IC2 Solar Panel
  • Solar Helmet
  • Collector Mk3
The Bronze Age (Brown) (Reward)
  • Carpenter
  • Forester
  • Mushroom Picker
  • Biogas Engine
  • Rainmaker
  • Electrical Engine
  • Pumpkin Farm
  • Bio-power Generator
  • Still
The Rings (Blue) (Reward)
  • Black Hole Band
  • Swiftwolf's Rending Gale
  • Ring of Arcana
  • Harvest Goddess Band
  • Void Ring
  • Iron Band
  • Ring of Ignition
  • Zero Ring
  • Archangel's Smite
Things that make you go BOOM! (Green) (Reward)
  • Nova Catalyst
  • TNT
  • Combustion Engine
  • Reactor Chamber
  • Hyperkinetic Lens
  • Nuke
  • Nuclear Reactor
  • Nova Cataclysm
  • Defective Turret
Where their story begins... (Magenta) (Reward)
  • Screwdriver
  • Transmutation Tablet
  • Auto-crafting Table
  • Iron Chest
  • Stone Bowl
  • Project Table
  • Scoop
  • Torch x4
  • Jungle Wood Block
Bonus:
Bees/Ender Dragon
  • Industrious Princess
  • Demonic Princess
  • Austere Princess
  • Exotic Princess
  • Edenic Princess
  • Imperial Princess
  • Rural Princess
  • Frugal Princess
  • Omega Princess
  • Dragon's Egg
for people who wish to share screenshots, I suggest using imgur to upload your screenshots to, for those who wish to share their world saves, I suggest using mediafire, and if you've used more mods, it's a wise idea to list the mods incase people may download your save.

right now, people who are playing the FTB map and are livestreaming it are
http://www.twitch.tv/slowpoke101
http://www.twitch.tv/jadedcat
http://www.twitch.tv/morvelaira
http://www.twitch.tv/tahg
http://www.twitch.tv/arashidragon
http://www.twitch.tv/lexmanos
http://www.twitch.tv/nishtown

if you know of any other streamers, post their twitch here, but they do need to be playing the FTB map

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
in a creative world I have made all the EMC generation machines that I usually use, the world includes

Dark Room Mk 1
Ruuk0.png

Dark Room Mk 2
p9HKI.png

Dark Room Mk 3
V8unv.png

Cow Milker
pAVBG.png

The Dark Milker
s87CC.png

The Dark Milker Luxery Edition
GY5Zu.png

Solar Garden
3wSDp.png

Blaze Grinder
NxA83.png

I used the machines that people showed in tutorials, and kind of made my own version on it.
the blaze grinder is considered an exploit, and I haven't used one untill now, since I am now playing Insanity just for a bit of fun and spending the time.
the world download is http://www.mediafire.com/?4aa1c1lkxj82qa7

a quick explanation about each machine is

Dark Room Mk 1: I start out with this as soon as I have some bonemeal. I keep bonemealing till I have enough EMC to make an energy condenser
Dark Room Mk 2: this is the automated version of the Mk 1 through the use of redpower and buildcraft. the transposers are activated through the timer/repeaters and they spit out the drops into the obisidian pipes, the items are then routed with iron pipes to a golden pipe, to speed them up. they then go into a diamond pipes which seperates the drops into 2 energy condensers, 1 for more bonemeal, the other for diamonds. behind the bonemeal chest there's another transposer pulling out bonemeal from it into a deployer. this build requires 2 timers and the first slot of the bonemeal condenser needs to be bonemeal, otherwise the whole build will jam up. you also need to keep an eye that the bonemeal chest does not overflow, but it takes quite some time before that happens.
Dark Room Mk 3: Pretty much Mk 2, but now fully done with redpower. this build requires only 1 timer, so it's easier to switch off the machines. the bonemeal chest does need to be mostly filled with emc-less items like stone pipes, this will speed up the EMC generation greatly.
the chance of overflow is also a whole lot less with this build.
Cow Milker: this build can produce EMC a whole lot faster then a dark room, but it requires clay for the more advanced redpower items. basically it's an energy condenser, 8 filters and 4 deployers running on a timer. all milk buckets that are spare run into a second energy condenser that condenses the buckets into dark matter. you can convert them into diamonds, but this machine produces EMC fast enough that dark matter is a better choice.
The Dark Milker: I usually want to keep my dark room running when I make a cow milker, so I just combine the 2 into 1 machine. it saves space and some materials, and you can switch them both off with the flick of a switch. do note that combining the 2 does not produce extra EMC or anything.
The Dark Milker Luxery Edition: after some time you have enough materials that you can to pretty up your builds, and this is how I usually improve the dark milker. it's not extra in EMC generation, it just looks nicer to look at.
Solar Garden: basically a standard solar flower of EE2, but then mass produced and automated. I just simple put a transposer on each condenser of each flower that produces dark matter, and hooked up all transposers with redstone tubes all going into a 1 condenser producing red matter. it's the best choice to make this build vertically, because if you go horizontally you'll need to load more chunks, but vertically it's all in the same chunk. you can make the solar garden as big as you wish, though you'll need to sacrifice 1 solar collector on each solar flower because of the transposer blocking light to that solar collector.
Blaze Grinder: if you want to play FTB legit, you should not use this build, because it's a serious exploit that can produce great amounts of EMC very fast. but this time I have been playing insanity just for fun, so I just want a simple EMC source. the build consists out of 5 rotary macerators, 5 generators, 6 filters, 2 energy condensers, 5 redstone torches, some tubes/red wire/jacketed wire, a timer, some IC cables, a LV transformer and a MFE. in one of the condensers you turn the macerated blaze powder back into blaze rods, same with the Dark Room Mk 2 I suggest to mostly fill up the condenser with emc-less items to speed up the emc generation greatly. the other energy condenser is for red matter, yes, you will need to target red matter, because it's so fast. a filter pulls out blaze rods from the blaze rod chest into the tubes that go to the macerators and the generators who power the macerators. when the blaze rod condenser is filled, any excess goes to the other chest. I put a MFE in the build, incase you want to switch off the machines for a while. since the macerators are advanced ones, they keep using EU to keep their speed up, so with 600k EU it should be able to stay stationairy for a while. the lv transformer is just to save up on transformer upgrades.

all timers are set to the fastest time for me, it may be different for others. these are just the builds I usually use, other people may user different builds, like bigger dark rooms, or more filters on the cow milker, or they just keep the milker and the dark room seperate.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I added screenshots to each achievement requirements with screenshots of the rewards.

darkrage000

Jul 29, 2019
Glowstone is pretty easy actually.. though, you need a macerator
make an X with redstone, then fill in hte gaps with gold DUST
Teach the glow dust to your table and make more