Problem FTB Launcher Shortcut+Use With Gamebooster

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Gamebooster is a neat little application I found that allows me to remove all FPS lowering devices while playing games. It works by putting the shortcut of the game into the little GUI it has. I always start FTB from my download files, an Executable Jar File. How do I get the FTB Launcher Shortcut, something I can put on my desktop and what not.

Anyone who has used Gamebooster before, do I only need to put the Launcher itself into it's screen and launch it from there? Or do I put Minecraft itself?

I'm running Windows 7.

maxpowa

Jul 29, 2019
Create a shortcut pointing to a batch file with the following
Code:
java -jar LAUNCHERFILE.jar
That batch file should be in the same directory as your launcher jarfile, and remember to change LAUNCHERFILE.jar to whatever your jar file is named.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I understand everything but:
  • Batch file
  • java -jar LAUNCHERFILE.jar
  • jarfile
So how do I do...all of that?

I'm sorry, I am not very good with computers, you may not code in Noob++, but that's all I understand. :oops:

maxpowa

Jul 29, 2019
A batch file is just a text file with a runnable extension.
To make one you'd just open Notepad, type in the "java -jar YOURLAUNCHERFILE.jar" and then Save As... , change the save as filetype to All Types (*.*) , then save it as anythingyouwant.bat , in the same location as your launcher jar.

Sorry for the slow reply, haven't been on the forums in a while...

Reactions: jumpfight5

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Well, thank you for all your help, I did what you said, and it pulls up a screen for a micro-second that I cannot see, though I do know it has a line (or two) of code in it. It wanted me to replace FTB_Launcher.jar, which I didn't, and I then found out by right clicking FTB_Launcher.jar, I can choose an option "create shortcut". Which made me feel really dumb because I didn't even attempt to do it myself (except the noob original: the drag&drop attempt).
But yeah, Right click, create shortcut. Thank you for your help though I appreciate it :)