Problem FTB Launcher not opening

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

nathanr02

Jul 20, 2020
Hi. Recently I have been having an issue with the launcher; whenever i try to open it, nothing happens, but in the task manager, it says that it's running. I have tried restarting the app entirely, reinstalling it, restarting my computer, and none of that has worked so far. I was wondering if anyone has had any solutions in regards to this error.

Here is what shows up in the logs when it fails to open (I had to manually access the folder to get these):

net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLogger error
SEVERE: Not a valid instance '.localCache', skipping...

Any response is appreciated.

shoilo

Jul 26, 2020
same thing here
Annotation 2020-07-26 012914.png

Klaytitan

Jul 26, 2020
this same thing is happening to me, log says it can't connect to server

EDIT

So this appears to be a bug of some kind, there is a issue posted about 4 days ago with the exact same symptoms and error log that we get. Hopefully it'll be fixed with an update soon or a fix will be posted. I've tried running as admin and also updating Java but nothing has changed.

EDIT 2

Okay so I fixed after digging around on the forum so more, and it seems like this fix here did the trick.

EDIT 3

or at least it does until you close it then breaks again when you relaunch it..ffs

Last edited: