FTB Launcher, MacOS, Not able to launch modpacks

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Andreasp_

Jul 15, 2020
Hi,
I have issues with the new launcher on MacOS. Anyone that has gotten it to work? I've even tried to change permissions on the folders just in case..

First I had no progress at all (stuck at creating environment). When I created a file named "launcher_profiles.json" in the bin-folder suddenly it installs. It still won't play modpacks though. Tried to install several modpacks, reinstall them and everything. Still no luck.

Error in log is
Jul 15, 2020 9:10:44 PM net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLogger error
SEVERE: Not a valid instance '.localCache', skipping...
Jul 15, 2020 9:10:44 PM net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLogger info
INFO: Loaded 1 out of 2 instances.

Anyone that have 0.1.0 working on MacOS? Did it work out of the box? What did you do? Thank you for any advice.

Best,
Andreas

Imabunny88

Jul 23, 2020
Did you ever find a solution to this?

I'm experiencing the same issue on arch linux. For whatever reason Vanilla Minecraft loads fine

gab9281

Jul 23, 2020
Montréal, Québec, Canada
I've found the problem.

Minecraft version 1.12.2 and under ONLY work with java 8.
You must have java 8 installed and set as your java_home.

Since im developping on JDK14, it crashed the game as soon as i pressed play.
A solution that the developer could do is to let us specify the java version on a modpack basis or general.

Hopes it help you gang, Peace

Andreasp_

Jul 15, 2020
I've found the problem.

Minecraft version 1.12.2 and under ONLY work with java 8.
You must have java 8 installed and set as your java_home.

Since im developping on JDK14, it crashed the game as soon as i pressed play.
A solution that the developer could do is to let us specify the java version on a modpack basis or general.

Hopes it help you gang, Peace
Hi,
Sorry for not replying. Was on vacation and read the e-mail, thought I'll reply later, aaaaand here we are. Again sorry.

I have Java 8, 261, and still have issues with it not making it past "creating environment". I'll search the Github for other issues like this, or register one.

Automation

Jul 11, 2020
My launcher waits for a long time, and sometimes doesn't launch at all, but I try and I try and I try and open it again and again, and then suddenly it works. Clearing all the caches in .localCache makes a bunch of problems on the FTB launcher for me, but I still do it anyways because they take up so much space. I have JAVA 8 261 too and I also have a JDK. (BTW I am on macOS High Sierra with 8gs of RAM (random access memory)) Hope that helped.