FTB Launcher Issue

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mrbruce300

Jul 29, 2019
All of a sudden my launcher.exe is saying that it can't run on my computer. I tried to re download the exe file and Norton now says it's a virus and I'm not risking a problem on my computer. Only way I can get the launcher to work is using the jar file right now.

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
In no way am I qualified to answer this question. However I will suggest that you just try to reinstall it, Save anything of importance, Delete the Launcher and any data allocated to FTB and do a fresh installation. You would be surprised with how many problems that can fix.

mrbruce300

Jul 29, 2019
I did but I can not re download the launcher. Norton is flagging it as infected with a virus from ftb.

Ryiah

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not risking a problem on my computer.
Might as well put up a nice big sign that says "Please, hack me!" as Norton is practically worthless. There are plenty of free alternatives that are far superior to Norton. Uninstall it and go grab one of those.

Last edited:

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Probably even Microsoft's Security Essentials does a superior job to Norton.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I did but I can not re download the launcher. Norton is flagging it as infected with a virus from ftb.
The one that steals the car is norton
sT30k27.gif