FTB launcher "Failure handshake"

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Forest Dragon

Dec 8, 2019
Hello,

so, since Twitch support has officially ended, i can no longer log my modded Minecraft with it. It will say a bunch of errors while trying to log in to the server me and my friends are playing at.

I said okay, lets use the old FTB launcher, no problem. Thing is, while starting the launcher, i noticed that it gave error "Handshake failure" and i cannot log in with my Mojang account. I am posting debug from the launcher here. Could you please tell me what should i do to get it working? Thank you.

Disclaimer - i have launched Vanilla minecraft by its default launcher at least once and logged in without problems

Last edited:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Uninstall all java, then install the latest java 8 64-bit version - try again and if it still fails, follow instructions found here on how to share full log:
https://support.ftb.world/

Forest Dragon

Dec 8, 2019
Hello, thank you for the reply, I have uninstalled Java from my computer, then i downloaded the offline latest version for Windows 10 64-bit on my computer and installed it.
When i launched the client, it no longer said anything about "Handshake_failure" however i am unable to log with my mojang.net account. I have tried logging both with my e-mail and username, both give me failure to log in.
I have logged with the exact same login onto minecraft.net without any problems. Moreover, when i look over the "debug" version of the console, it still shows some error logs.

Here is the paste of the full log in Debug version console. Had to create it manually.
https://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/691708f6

Forest Dragon

Dec 8, 2019
Hello, I have no idea if trying it for the umpteenth time resolved it or you guys worked your mojo, but i am able to log normally now. Thank you. You can close this thread now.

Reactions: grandrolf