FTB Launcher crashing when I load up mod packs (MacOS)

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

ReeZi

Dec 15, 2019
Before I get started, I'd just like to clarify that I'm using the Twitch Mods tab instead of a FTB launcher since I'm pretty sure that's what currently runs on MacOS, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

With that said, when I download a modpack and press play, it brings up an old version of the Minecraft launcher. When I hit the play button on the Minecraft launcher, it seems to load up correctly until it finishes. About the time when the Minecraft Java app should load up, it immediately crashes and gives me the crash report up front. Log file is attatched.

So, obviously the first thing I tried was to turn my computer off and back on, but that seemed to do nothing. so I actually completely formatted my hard drive around that time, I reinstalled Java from the Oracle (I think this might be the problem) but the first version I downloaded was 1.13. I tried the whole thing again, and it gave me the same issue. I then did my best to uninstall Java then reinstall 1.8.231 (the one on the JAVA site), I ran a terminal command to check if Java was installed, but terminal said there was no such app on my computer. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it a few more times, then I gave up and decided to run vanilla Minecraft as a test, and vanilla Minecraft ran just fine. I tried again from the Twitch/Curse/FTB(???) launcher and got the same problem I had before. Since the log told me that whatever seemed to be causing the problem was removed in Java 1.8.0, and I had Java 1.8.231, I tried uninstalling java again and installing some version of Java 1.7, But I got the same issue once again. So I finally decided to try and copy SkyFactory3 to my main launcher (download the corresponding version of Forge and copy the mods from the folder given to me by Twitch) and it got to the point where it opened the Java app, but from there it was just a black screen (which is pretty normal for my computer) but it crashed at what I assume to be about half way through. Right before posting this I tried 2 other modpacks as well (FTB Continuum, and R.A.D) in addition to just Sky Factory 3, and had the same problem with all of them. Help would be appreciated.

(I couldn't find where logs are kept so I just pasted the Launcher Log to a .txt file)

Attachments

• Game Output.txt
    501 bytes · Views: 55
  • Log File.txt
    43 KB · Views: 36
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 9.09.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 9.09.03 AM.png
    191.7 KB · Views: 37