FTB Launcher crashes Gnome Shell

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Johnnii360

Oct 15, 2019
Hey guy's!

I'm using the Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS, OpenJDK 8 and the vanilla FTB Launcher. Sometimes after fresh boot up and starting the launcher the Gnome shell freezes. I dunno why.

Can anyone help?

I attached the logs for some debugging.

Attachments

• logs.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 69

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
19:13:40 kernel: NVRM: A GPU crash dump has been created. If possible, please run
NVRM: nvidia-bug-report.sh as root to collect this data before
NVRM: the NVIDIA kernel module is unloaded.

Check your gpu/installation/drivers - check that dump and see why it crashed for you.

Johnnii360

Oct 15, 2019
19:13:40 kernel: NVRM: A GPU crash dump has been created. If possible, please run
NVRM: nvidia-bug-report.sh as root to collect this data before
NVRM: the NVIDIA kernel module is unloaded.

Check your gpu/installation/drivers - check that dump and see why it crashed for you.
Thank you for your help and sorry for the delayed reply.
I think I found the problem because gnome shell also freezed when I try to Carmageddon: Max Damage. It was a faulty installation of Nvidia GL Libs.