Mac FTB Launcher Crash

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua.Perna

Jul 29, 2019
FTB is crashing after the latest update.

I have removed the files and started fresh , installed to a different directory. I also tried downgrading to Java 6 from mac. Simply Crashes as soon as it gets past the FTB splash screen.

ImprudentSolid0

Jul 29, 2019
I tried loading FTB Mindcrack v8.1 like a billion times. It crashed every single time. Then i learned about v8.1.1. Tried that a billion times. Always crashed. trying again now
-ImprudentSolid0
P.S. I AM a Mac user, and I use OSX10.8.2

JsutffJr

Jul 29, 2019
As a whole ftb is horribly buggy on mac. I managed to get it working using an obscure older version of java 6, but even now its not working with the newest update.

ImprudentSolid0

Jul 29, 2019
As a whole ftb is horribly buggy on mac. I managed to get it working using an obscure older version of java 6, but even now its not working with the newest update.
I don't know how to downgrade to Java 6, anyway my server that i play on is already updated to v8.1.1

Joshua.Perna

Jul 29, 2019
I had it working with Java 7 up to this update. I had to revert java to 6 on my friends to get that version to run, so i tried that for this version once it started crashing for me, now it doesnt work at all. I dont mind becuase I can just run parallels , but still want them to know about it. Im sure there are mac users who cant play at all right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1361300838][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't know how to downgrade to Java 6, anyway my server that i play on is already updated to v8.1.1

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5559??

there u go . just copy and paste into terminal. But as I just said, I have done this and it did not work for this update.

Joshua.Perna

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use the terminal command:
export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home

and then open ftb from terminal.

How did you do that? I tried for hours.

There was nothing I had to do , It just worked until today.

JsutffJr

Jul 29, 2019
There was nothing I had to do , It just worked until today.
Hmm strange... I thought FTB didn't worked with Java 7 because of the LWJGL library that minecraft uses, which is currently not compatible with Java 6. Maybe some builds of minecraft distributed with FTB have been updated to adress this? Of course the new update makes FTB itself incompatible with Java 7.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Enable the console in the options tab (you may need to restart the launcher) then start minecraft as you usually would and upload the log to pastebin.

Peedyman

Jul 29, 2019

SebWhittle

Jul 29, 2019
I tried following Apples guide to downgrading, but it didn't work for me. This way did:
Go to https://github.com/rtrouton/rtrouton_scripts/blob/master/rtrouton_scripts/re-enable_java_6/payload-free_package/re-enable_java_6.zip download the Java 6 re-enabler and run it
Open Terminal and type
sudo rm -fr /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin
then hit return, if prompted for a password enter it, even if It doesn't appear as though you are typing in the terminal, as no characters are appearing, but trust me, the characters are there.

If that doesn't work, try
The tutorial shows you how to install an app that will run a script on terminal every time you open it, which should allow you play using Java 7. The place you have to save your app to is specific unfortunately, it would be better if they made a way to configure it in the apps gui if it had one aha ^^

Also, If all your windows close, including the console, you should be able to find a .txt of the crash log in the folders your FTB launcher is, or the place you save all the other stuff. (Configurable in options tab of FTB launcher)

Reactions: Joshua.Perna
Status
Not open for further replies.