FTB Launcher changes my password

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticMC4TW

Jul 29, 2019
Almost every time I open the FTB launcher and hit [Launch] on Ultimate pack, my password changes to **************** Instead of being ******* which is annoying because I have to EDIT my password every time I launch. I've tried deleting the profile and making a new one and it doesn't work. I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this bug but it's annoying.

evora

Jul 29, 2019
mine just insist on telling me my passwords invalid so i tried making 3 different accounts tells me the same thing

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Almost every time I open the FTB launcher and hit [Launch] on Ultimate pack, my password changes to **************** Instead of being ******* which is annoying because I have to EDIT my password every time I launch. I've tried deleting the profile and making a new one and it doesn't work. I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this bug but it's annoying.
This isn't a bug. This is a way to obfuscate password length. Your password isn't changing, just the visualization of it is.

mine just insist on telling me my passwords invalid so i tried making 3 different accounts tells me the same thing
Are you using a valid Minecraft paid account to log in? You don't use your FTB forums account to log in to the FTB launcher, you must use a valid paid Minecraft account email/password.

Kitsone

Jul 29, 2019
It's not simply that the password looks longer it's that the login fails and requires the password to be re-entered. The saving of the password isn't keeping or going corrupt. This has been happening to me with FTB launcher version 1.3.4.

MysticMC4TW

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't a bug. This is a way to obfuscate password length. Your password isn't changing, just the visualization of it is.

Are you using a valid Minecraft paid account to log in? You don't use your FTB forums account to log in to the FTB launcher, you must use a valid paid Minecraft account email/password.
Every time I launch it says 'Invalid Password' and I have to retype it. It acts as if the password was actually changed

Last edited:

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
It's funny how everyone thinks you need a paid accout :confused: I won't tell you of course but it's not that hard...

Status
Not open for further replies.