FTB Launcher and Proxy Socks5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyugan

Jul 29, 2019
Good morning !

I'm encountering some issues to launch FTB via a SSH tunnel. I don't know if I should post my request here, and I apologize in advance if it's not the good section !

So, here are some details about my problem. I'm trying to play FTB behind a proxy (it's bad, I know...but so good !). Consequently I made a SSH tunel between my computer@work (Windows seven, with PuTTY) and my DebianServer@home.

Everything is alright for most applications : Classical Minecraft, World of Warcraft, Internet, and so on...

BUT, it doesn't seems to be the good way to play FTB :(

In addition of my tunnel SSH, I use a software named "Proxifier" that routes applications over the good proxy. For exemple :
if the process is java, use the proxy 127.0.0.1 (the ssh tunnel)
if the process is wow.exe, use the proxy 127.0.0.1 (the ssh tunnel)
For all other processes, use the default proxy.

Here again, everything is working, even for standard minecraft.

But with FTB, it dosn't word.

In proxifier, I have the following messages :

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[02.08 12:14:41] javaw.exe (7048) - [::ffff:82.145.45.43]:80 (IPv6) error : Could not connect through proxy 127.0.0.1:9999 - Proxy server cannot establish a connection with the target - Address type not supported.
[02.08 12:14:41] javaw.exe (7048) - [::ffff:82.145.45.43]:80 (IPv6) error : Could not connect through proxy 127.0.0.1:9999 - Proxy server cannot establish a connection with the target - Address type not supported.
[02.08 12:14:42] javaw.exe (7048) - [::ffff:82.145.45.43]:80 (IPv6) matching FTB rule : using proxy 127.0.0.1:9999 SOCKS5
[02.08 12:14:43] javaw.exe (7048) - [::ffff:82.145.45.43]:80 (IPv6) error : Could not connect through proxy 127.0.0.1:9999 - Proxy server cannot establish a connection with the target - Address type not supported.
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It looks like if the laucher tries to reach an IPv6 ! The FTB console says that :
lyticsBackgroundThread started
FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.2.2)
Java version: 1.7.0_13
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7
Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation
Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM version: 23.7-b01 by Oracle Corporation
[i18n] Checking for updates ...
[i18n] frFR Fichier de langue française chargé!
[i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
From Console: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
From Console: java.lang.NullPointerException
From Console: at net.ftb.locale.I18N.setLocale(I18N.java:125)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.panes.OptionsPane$4.actionPerformed(OptionsPane.java:165)
From Console: at javax.swing.JComboBox.fireActionEvent(Unknown Source)
From Console: at javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedItem(Unknown Source)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.panes.OptionsPane.<init>(OptionsPane.java:172)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame.<init>(LaunchFrame.java:453)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame$1.run(LaunchFrame.java:209)
From Console: at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
From Console: at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Connection refused: connect: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
[i18n] Could not retrieve version info, skipping update.: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
So, what can I do to play ?
  • Is it possible to launch MindCrack without laucher ? I'm up to date and if I connect with my mobile phone (3G), it works, but it's expensive :p
  • Does anyone know how to configure my debian, or my PuTTY to connect to FTB ?
I know it's not a FTB issue, but I hope someone here is a BIG sys-admin, and will be able to help me :)
I'm sorry if nobody understand me, and if there are grammar fails, english is not my native language :p
Thanks,
Lyugan

mtgeekman

Jul 29, 2019
Because of the way the launcher starts the Minecraft instance you need to add a setting in the launcher.

On the options tab
click Advanced Options
in the Additional Java Parameters box: -DsocksProxyHost=<IP> -DsocksProxyPort=<PORT>

<IP> is probably 127.0.0.1 if you are using Putty
<PORT> is what ever port you have your putty configured to use.

once done, exit the advanced options and try launching the game.

I use this in a location that blocks access to the Mojang servers and it gets around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.