FTB is crashing just before reaching the menus

CrimsonShadowclaw

Jul 29, 2019
So, When trying to load up the recent FTB packs my game simply won't reach the title screen, It's closing down just before them... Force Updating used to allow me to play, I'd have to do it every time I wanted to open FTB... But even that's not working anymore

Crash Log: http://pastebin.com/yfj9RGjz

Any help would be appreciated

CrimsonShadowclaw

Jul 29, 2019
I'd already done that thrice, else I'd not have posted here... And because my game is not creating a log inside the Crash-Reports folder, I'm having to give the hs_err file within my minecraft directory

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
If you're running the 64-bit version of windows uninstall the 32-bit version of java and install the 64-bit version. Otherwise, it gets complicated.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
If you're running the 64-bit version of windows uninstall the 32-bit version of java and install the 64-bit version. Otherwise, it gets complicated.
He/She is running Windows 7 x86. So, most definitely running the 32 bit java. And by the looks of it, only has 1GB allocated to minecraft. Gonna have a hard time running on that, unfortunately.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
He/She is running Windows 7 x86. So, most definitely running the 32 bit java. And by the looks of it, only has 1GB allocated to minecraft. Gonna have a hard time running on that, unfortunately.
Are you sure? The log from minecraft says it is x86 and I thought this was true initially, but I tried launching it on my 64-bit machine with 32-bit java and it also reported x86; launching with 64-bit java correctly identifies it as amd64 though. I assume this is a bug with the launcher.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I think this is a bug with the new launcher. Try copying the files to multimc or the vanilla launcher; if you don't know how to do this, let me know.