FTB Interactions Can't Move In World

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

DrasticGiraffe

Oct 7, 2020
My friend and I have been playing on an FTB Interactions server since July, and for the past couple weeks, I have often found myself, either right after joining the world or after some time in the world, I have gotten to the point where, every few seconds, my position resets to a certain point. I can still move a certain amount, and while it is very slow, I can do things like access blocks or use the AE wireless terminal, if I attempt to move or look in a different direction, it will reset my position after a few seconds. We've solved this before through some combination of game restarts, server restarts, and computer restarts, recently the issue has become more persistent and impossible to solve. The server config will often start complaining about possible memory leaks when this happens, but the usual fixes for memory leaks have been inadequate.

Things we have tried:
  • Teleporting or killing me: this will move the position I am stuck in to where I am teleported (or next to my bed), but will not get me unstuck
  • Restarting the game: this seems to have no real effect on the issue
  • Restarting the server: the first couple times this happened this was enough to solve it, but not anymore
  • Restarting our computers: restarting our computers has solved the problem once or twice, but has not been a reliable solution
  • Uninstall and reinstall the game: this hasn't had any effect
  • Restore a server backup: this will sometimes give me a few minutes of movement, but it's always behind, and after some time or if I leave and come back to resync, I end up stuck again
  • Uninstall and reinstall the server: this has again worked once or twice, but not reliably
  • Delete my player file: this did not solve the problem, but did show us that I am only getting stuck in the Overworld (where the bulk of our infrastructure is). I can move around in the void world just fine, but get stuck as soon as I go through the portal to the Overworld.
From this all, we believe the issue may lie in the world file somewhere, but neither of us know where or how, and we'd rather not have to start on an entirely new world.

Environment Details:
We're both running version 2.0.9
Both running on large amounts of RAM and with high bandwidth (16+ GB and 80+ Mbps)
Both running Windows 10 machines

mou

Nov 6, 2019
how much memory did you assign to the server? Too much could possibly cause lags and desync. for clients i highly recommend going for max 8GB in this modpack. try 6GB both for server and clients and check if it occurs again.
edit: Also check the server time!

DrasticGiraffe

Oct 7, 2020
Memory seems not to be the issue. I changed my client-side memory and it had the same effect as most solutions, where it worked for a little bit and then stopped, and the fact that I'm the only one with the issue makes me think it isn't server memory.

Edit: we tried changing the server memory and it wouldn't launch, so I don’t think that's the issue. We have figured out that the problem only happens when I am around our main base, so it may be some issue with a mod we're working with.

Last edited:

mou

Nov 6, 2019
Memory seems not to be the issue. I changed my client-side memory and it had the same effect as most solutions, where it worked for a little bit and then stopped, and the fact that I'm the only one with the issue makes me think it isn't server memory.

Edit: we tried changing the server memory and it wouldn't launch, so I don’t think that's the issue. We have figured out that the problem only happens when I am around our main base, so it may be some issue with a mod we're working with.

i once had problems with the chicken roosters. when there are too many, servers tend to lag. you could try to remove some an check again.