ftb infinity without magic..

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
B

blokzeil1

Hello I was trying to get ftb infinity without magic, disabled every magic mod thaumcraft, forbidden magic and many more, because i love tech, but want to play the newer version of mods. But when i launch the game i get an error from forgeloader that he is missing thaumcraft... How to solve this?

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
It's difficult to solve this without more information (crash log), but it sounds like some add-on that depends on Thaumcraft is still being loaded.

B

blokzeil1

I get this error on launch:
Forge mod loaders has found a problem with your minecraft installation
The mods and versions listed below could not be found:
Thaumcraft : any

I have disabled the next mods:
Bloodmagic
botania
brandonscore
draconic evolution
enderzoo
forbidden magic
headcrumbs
mystcraft
portalgn
thaumcraft
thaumcraftneiplugin
thaumicenergistics
thaumicexploration
thaumictinkerer
Wawla
Witchery

The error:
Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I feel sad now :(

Time: 12-5-16 20:48
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 118
    at net.minecraft.potion.Potion.<init>(Potion.java:68)
    at biomesoplenty.common.potions.PotionParalysis.<init>(PotionParalysis.java:13)
    at biomesoplenty.common.core.BOPPotions.init(BOPPotions.java:22)
    at biomesoplenty.BiomesOPlenty.preInit(BiomesOPlenty.java:51)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:556)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:243)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:878)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:243)

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
It may be two separate issues. I read somewhere that BoP may add potions if some specific mods are missing. Possibly a conflict due to that, but I'm not sure how to fix it unfortunately.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Question: Why not just avoid magic? You might even be pleasantly surprised if you do decide to try them.

B

blokzeil1

Question: Why not just avoid magic? You might even be pleasantly surprised if you do decide to try them.
I got an Hate relation with magic, special Thaumcraft, I did have one time a base what me cost i think 50 hours (And thats much for me) And one day i was bussy and somthing happend, It was a thaumcraft thing that messed up my base.

You still have a thaumcraft addon in the pack somewhere.

Remove: TCinventoryscan

I did remove that, now i get the following error in the ftb launcher:
Code:
----
// Hi. I'm Minecraft, and I'm a crashaholic.

Time: 13-5-16 17:37
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 118
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:

B

blokzeil1

Solved!

I found the solution to play ftb infinity without magic:

Disable those mods:
Bloodmagic
botania
brandonscore
draconic evolution
enderzoo
forbidden magic
headcrumbs
mystcraft
thaumcraft
thaumcraftneiplugin
thaumicenergistics
thaumicexploration
thaumictinkerer
Wawla
Witchery
TCinventoryscan

go to:
everywhere:\ftb\FTBInfinity\minecraft\config\biomesoplenty

Open Ids.cfg
Scroll down and look for:

"potions ids" {
I:"Paralysis Potion ID"=118
I:"Possession Potion ID"=119
}

Delete:
I:"Paralysis Potion ID"=118
I:"Possession Potion ID"=119

So you get this:

"potions ids" {

}

Launch the game, what you did delete will be solved by ftb it self.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
I got an Hate relation with magic, special Thaumcraft, I did have one time a base what me cost i think 50 hours (And thats much for me) And one day i was bussy and somthing happend, It was a thaumcraft thing that messed up my base.
Was it a bug, or Taint? Because if it was Taint then don't use Thaumcraft, but stuff like Botania or Blood Magic is really cool. If it was a bug Azanor has likely fixed it by now.

B

blokzeil1

Was it a bug, or Taint? Because if it was Taint then don't use Thaumcraft, but stuff like Botania or Blood Magic is really cool. If it was a bug Azanor has likely fixed it by now.

i dont know for sure what it was, but a friend sayed it was thaumcraft,
i looked into Botania and blood magic but i love building, proces managing and monitoring and magic things dont have that...

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know for sure what it was, but a friend sayed it was thaumcraft,
i looked into Botania and blood magic but i love building, proces managing and monitoring and magic things dont have that...

If you build your systems right, TC, Blood Magic, and Botania all have building, process managing, and monitoring. If you build them intertwined with some tech, you can actually automate a fair bit of them to produce some very cool things. Not trying to sell you - just saying.

On the other hand, you hate something you don't understand because a friend said it messed up your base. If you don't know what it was or how it happened, I completely understand being upset, but the answer isn't to swear off the mod that supposedly did it. The answer is to understand what happened, how it happened, and be able to prevent it from happening again unless desired (yes, sometimes you want a bad thing to happen on purpose for reasons). Knowledge is power. Ignorance is bliss. The powerful can easily destroy the blissful.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 118 at net.minecraft.potion.Potion.<init>(Potion.java:68) at biomesoplenty.common.potions.PotionParalysis.<init>(PotionParalysis.java:13) at biomesoplenty.common.core.BOPPotions.init(BOPPotions.java:22)
u ran into this old problem when u removed brandon core it was the mod that was making this potion problem "play nice " (basically it adds more valid slots for potion ids and ur error was potion id in an invalid slot that brandon core makes valid )

On the other hand, you hate something you don't understand because a friend said it messed up your base. If you don't know what it was or how it happened, I completely understand being upset, but the answer isn't to swear off the mod that supposedly did it. The answer is to understand what happened, how it happened, and be able to prevent it from happening again unless desired (yes, sometimes you want a bad thing to happen on purpose for reasons). Knowledge is power. Ignorance is bliss. The powerful can easily destroy the blissful.
exquisite comment ,indeed not understanding and just assuming its x mods fault from mysterious cuase u dont know about , wont really get u anywhere

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Love how OP removed Draconic Evolution, it's supposed to be "Tech".

It does seem very magical though with it's godlike weapons and armour.

Also most magic mods are just tech mods with a fantacy skin.
Botania is a prime example making an automated mana production system is very technical requireing technical well thought out builds.
Thaumcraft is all about making gadgets more steampunk in style then magic.

Only real magical mods I've seen are Blood magic, Witchery and Ars Magica and out of those Ars Magica is the only real magic mod. It's mostly about spells not so much about technical stuff.

Then in 1.8+ we blur the lines further with PSI. Which is based off a scifi manga where spells are programs and casted with guns or specialized tablet PC's called Casting/ Caster Assistance Device (the tablet CAD is not in the mod mind you).

Then there's that old addage "All/ Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" or something like that.
If we had something like RF in RL it would be considered very magical. Energy that can be stored indefinitely would be a miracle.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

imPlayin

Jul 29, 2019
imo Thaumcraft is much more technical than 70% of tech mods. Setting up some automated things requires way more thought than RF would require. Same goes for Botania where automating anything always involves some crazy redstone circuitry.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Then again, time is often the most precious resource we have. I don't think someone can be blamed for (somewhat bluntly) filtering out stuff that they feel have taken time from them and given nothing in return.

If power through knowledge is the goal (rather than entertainment), maybe there are better areas to focus on than Minecraft mods.