FTB Infinity Skyblock (No not expert mode)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Just updated the OP to add the nether ores rules. I'll have a new post up soon, just realised I forgot to take a certain screenshot that I need.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
But do I have to remove any mods from standard Infinty?
I would suggest disabling mystcraft. It's overpowered for a skyblock map, and if you do decide not to use it, then the villagers will become a problem. They can't be picked up by a golden lasso or a safari net by any method but the safari gun, and their only trades are entirely worthless if you don't use mystcraft at all.
k maybe I'm to retarded to do that, it just crashes :(
To do what? What happened?

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
@goreae I have a question about adding custom recipes. Would you be willing to teach us how to add custom recipes for the end portal recipe and the magical staff? I like the idea of using witchery supplies to make certain items, like the magical staff from runic dungeons.
I added Witching Gadgets and Traveller's Gear, because I like some of those items.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Day 3 hype!
So first things first, I bridged out to the witch circle thing. It's actually really far away. I dismantled the well in the middle and blocked up the sides of the circle making a little pen:
3lp5Hfz.png

At first I thought oh, they're just witches. I can just kill them as they spawn. I was wrong. Dead wrong. I died four times. The first trying to kill the witches and the other three trying to get my stuff back. So I cracked open the roof and put some water in to flow the witches to a little killing chamber. A look at the water flows (went creative for the shot):
PWr1kvo.png

And the killing chamber: if they don't go in, just walk up to the hole so they notice you and step back. Focus on killing one witch at a time. If you spread out your hits they take forever to kill. I should also get some spikes over there.
p9FzZsq.png

Loots! I got ten redstone really quick from this. As I said earlier, the witch spawner is by no means neccesary but it helps a ton.
0GCwBSX.png

I decided to make the portal behind the mob spawner killing chamber. Because the portal is loud and the spawner is loud so it seemed like a good fit. Plus it's the perfect size for the 3x3 portal design I love so much.

Now I tell you the trick. With just one bucket of lava, one bucket of water, and ten redstone (I had like 3 left from the witches in the main grinder. A 3x3 portal actually takes a minimum of 12 redstone to build) you can make a nether portal. Here's how:
OYbS8ep.png

Place a piece of redstone and a water source on the same level flowing into a hole. As long as there's no water above the redstone and the water doesn't flow onto the redstone and wash it away you should be fine. Then you place the lava above the redstone. This happens:
tN4U7bt.png

sTUTqNS.png

If you have a pick that can mine obsidian, it may be easier to make the obsidian elsewhere and then build up the frame with the blocks. But I just did it this way. The top was a pain in the but because it broke into the mob farm. Zombies kept dropping in and making a mess of things.

So anyways, I built up the frame!
gw61fbq.png

With that done, all I had to do was light it! Now, I could have done that with my lava source and wood like is the norm for skyblock, but that's boring! I have an iron ingot and I want a flint and steel dammit!

So I built a platform made out of slabs and put a bunch of cobble on it. Two stacks worth to be precise:
Wba40TZ.png

The point of this? Well once I got witches and a few potions/glass bottles, something called the smashing rock becomes available. This item will turn stone into cobble, cobble into gravel, and gravel into sand, like so:
oVoo5ct.png

AQ81Kjq.png

MzmJJNr.png

Note that if you use these, do not use straight up cobble. If you do, you may throw a stone that converts a block you're standing on into gravel. Which is not fun at all. So use wood, use inverted slabs, double slabs, chiseled cobble, whatever. So long as it isn't affected by the rocks it's good.

So I quickly got more than enough flint for the job and got a flint and steel.
78lH67n.png

And lit the portal!
sicAEsV.png

I'll have another post up in a few hours to make up for the absence yesterday.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
@goreae I have a question about adding custom recipes. Would you be willing to teach us how to add custom recipes for the end portal recipe and the magical staff? I like the idea of using witchery supplies to make certain items, like the magical staff from runic dungeons.
I added Witching Gadgets and Traveller's Gear, because I like some of those items.
For basic recipes, sure. It isn't too difficult. For more advanced recipes, there's the wiki: http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/wiki/Main_Page

Also, for personal use minetweaker recipe maker is really nice: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/minetweaker-recipemaker
You fully understand that this isn't a public pack goreae is making, but just a private assembly he made for himself right? Nothing's gonna be released.
This is correct. And I know next to nothing about setting up servers so I can't really help you there.

S

Sv443

k, it works in singleplayer but not in multiplayer :/

Last edited:
R

Rindol_The_Champion

Can you please add Compact machine to the FTB Infinity Expert Skyblock mode? compact machines are love, compact machines are life.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Can you please add Compact machine to the FTB Infinity Expert Skyblock mode? compact machines are love, compact machines are life.
First of all, I have absolutely nothing to do with the expert mode skyblock. Like at all. Not even a little bit.

Secondly, if you're saying install it in my instance, no. I don't really like compact machine mods. I'd rather build a massive sprawling contraption to do my work than a single block.

R

Rindol_The_Champion

First of all, I have absolutely nothing to do with the expert mode skyblock. Like at all. Not even a little bit.

Secondly, if you're saying install it in my instance, no. I don't really like compact machine mods. I'd rather build a massive sprawling contraption to do my work than a single block.
wait if you don't work on it then who does?

ariosos

Jul 29, 2019
But do I have to remove any mods from standard Infinty?

Use the mods listed here - http://modlister.com/user/Quetzz/Infinity Evolved Skyblock Alpha
Just create a new instance in MultiMC and download the latest forge for 1.7.10. For me, I did add Iguana Tweaks for the personal inventory repairing (hey, it's in 1.8.9 I think), but removed the leveling up system.

I just updated after seeing the compressed hammer in Direwolf's video, which was after I was trying to figure out how to make lava (haven't played Ex Nihilo in awhile).

Funny story -

3 hours ago, I was trying to figure out the path to lava in expert mode, and completely forgot about the crucible (was reminded in a config file...). So, I thought, "I think it's the stone barrel...". cobble didn't work. Checked the configs, checked online for bugs in the version I'm using, put dinner in the oven, watched a couple of Direwolf20 videos, ate dinner, Nothing. So, I find the above link and start making it as close as possible (probably will need to add the nether ores to the sieve?). 2 1/2 hours of mod updating later, still nothing. But, I'm updating the expert mode scripts to remove references to mods like runic dungeons, etc., and I accidently type /clear thinking it'll clear the chat. Good bye items! :( Fortunately, there was a backup, which was a bit before this whole thing started, minus 2 stacks of gravel that I had sifted into dust. o_O Then to realize after looking through config files again, "it's the crucible!"... How's that for a "DireDerp"?

This is why I love Minecraft mods. :D

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Use the mods listed here - http://modlister.com/user/Quetzz/Infinity Evolved Skyblock Alpha
Just create a new instance in MultiMC and download the latest forge for 1.7.10. For me, I did add Iguana Tweaks for the personal inventory repairing (hey, it's in 1.8.9 I think), but removed the leveling up system.

I just updated after seeing the compressed hammer in Direwolf's video, which was after I was trying to figure out how to make lava (haven't played Ex Nihilo in awhile).

Funny story -

3 hours ago, I was trying to figure out the path to lava in expert mode, and completely forgot about the crucible (was reminded in a config file...). So, I thought, "I think it's the stone barrel...". cobble didn't work. Checked the configs, checked online for bugs in the version I'm using, put dinner in the oven, watched a couple of Direwolf20 videos, ate dinner, Nothing. So, I find the above link and start making it as close as possible (probably will need to add the nether ores to the sieve?). 2 1/2 hours of mod updating later, still nothing. But, I'm updating the expert mode scripts to remove references to mods like runic dungeons, etc., and I accidently type /clear thinking it'll clear the chat. Good bye items! :( Fortunately, there was a backup, which was a bit before this whole thing started, minus 2 stacks of gravel that I had sifted into dust. o_O Then to realize after looking through config files again, "it's the crucible!"... How's that for a "DireDerp"?

This is why I love Minecraft mods. :D
Thanks for linking that page, never knew that existed.

However, the issue is, the person you quoted was asking about my series, not the evolved skyblock.

Also, the actual infinity evolved skyblock is going to be different from the original version. Or so I've heard. But yeah, without the configs, you won't be able to do the same game. It'll be close enough using the configs from infinity though and just going expert.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
And I've been a bit busy lately studying katakana and stuff. So yeah. Here's a quick recap since I haven't done it in a while.
So then I went into the Nether. In the Nether, I had four goals: 1. get at least 1 blaze rod. 2. get nether warts. Doesn't matter how many, I can always grow more. 3. get a ton of soul sand. You'll see why later. 4. Gather at least 16 gold from nether fortress chests/pigmen if I can't find enough. Keep in mind that at this point I can't use nether ores because of my pulverizer rule.
2016-02-23_17.25.33.png

Quick note, I absolutely love the BoP nether. It makes it a lot more colorful while not making it look too overly friendly. It makes the Nether beautiful instead of blah. I mean just look at this.

Anyways anyways, there was a fortress hidden in a nook near the portal. A decently extensive one at that. Now I'm sure all of you have seen your fair share of fortresses in your time, so posting pictures of them would be rather redundant. I did find a few blaze spawners, got a decent amount of rods, some warts, and a few golden items including two horse armors, a gold sword, and a gold chestplate.

Now, that's all well and good, but in that state, the golden equipment is entirely worthless. There are several options to process it into useable gold. One option could be using an alloy furnace from a redpower remake. But that's not really an option since project red doesn't have an alloy furnace. I could also use an uncrafting table, but twilight forest is off limits. The other option is a smeltery, but where would I get the clay? But what most people forget is there's two types of smeltery.

Now the hellforge smeltery is exactly like the regular one, except it's a more interesting color with more interesting textures IMO. It also has two recipes. The first requires natura heatsand and tainted soil. Both of which are either disabled or very rare. I prefer them disabled because they're more annoying than anything else. But anyways, the other recipe is with soul sand, gravel, and nether wart:
2016-02-23_19.14.46.png

I got the nether wart from just making a quick nether wart farm and using my watering can. The soul sand was just dug out of the Nether, and the gravel I got from cobblestone and smashing rocks.

So I made seared bricks. 8 stacks of seared bricks. I only ended up using four stacks of it. No idea what I'm going to do with the rest.

2016-02-23_19.52.03.png

OMG SMELTERY!

It has 4 casting basins, 4 casting tables, and is capable of smelting 36 items at a time. 3x3x4 interior.

So I smelted up my gold items, ended up with 20 ingots worth. Not a bad haul. What do I do with this new resource? Make golden apples of course!
2016-02-23_20.09.18.png

Anywho, earlier on, I had found two baby zombie villagers in my mob farm. I had captured them in safari nets and put them in my chest until I could cure them. Sure I could just capture two adult villagers, but there were two babies down there just begging to be cured. So I built a pen with double thick walls to stop them from either glitching out or killing each other, which they will if you don't separate them.
2016-02-23_20.12.35.png

So, a bottle of weakness, some golden apple, and some AFKing later, and voila!
2016-02-23_20.47.56.png

I wouldn't get attached to them. They had rather bad trades and I've probably melted them down by now. But that's just life for villagers on a modded minecraft world. I gave them life and I can take it away too.

So I built a special pen for them. Cobblestone, cobblestone walls, and doors all around it. The walls are put on the inside layer so if they glitch into the wall they don't die and can get back into the pen rather easily. The cobble is meant to block light so the doors are tricked into thinking they're houses. This is important in order to get golems to spawn.

2016-02-23_21.28.53.png

Now, you'll notice a weird structure above the pen. That is something I like to call a fertility saucer. You put a bunch of doors and a villager up there (8 blocks high) and the village will have an infinite capacity. It's a bug that I always exploit. You can put that in any village, though I suggest if it's a worldgen village to build it above the well.

Now, I didn't put any old villager up there oh no. I did something silly, wasteful, and entirely unnecessary and useless and used up the last of my gold to make a portal to the last millennium!
2016-02-23_21.11.02.png

In there, I kidknapped the last villager and put him in the saucer. However, I did later take him out and put him back into the last millenium. He has no trades (or a broken trade. Not sure which) and him being up there causes a trading post to crash the game. Making him more trouble than he's worth. Anyways, here's the saucer's guts:
2016-02-23_21.20.07.png

After some time and a lot of AFKing watching kryllyk while minecraft runs in the background, I had a decent amount of villagers. Enough to spawn my first golem!
2016-02-23_22.17.35.png

My tip: smelt the golems down in the smeltery. They give a decent amount of iron in addition to the iron they drop when killed. So now it's just pruning the flock of villagers, looking for oreberry trades. I already got copper oreberries, just need some tin and gold now. Aluminum would be nice, but not realy neccesary.
Once I get a decent amount of oreberries going the world is my oyster. Next goal is to make a MFR harvester to harvest the oreberries and some survivalist generators for power. Then the orechid for some actual ore generation.

Reactions: Pyure