Request FTB Infinity Server on Linux

I

Istavan

Hello everyone,

I want to create a FTB server on linux (ubuntu 16.04.1 server amd64).

I install the package openjdk-9-jre and remove some options from ServerStart.sh because not compatible with. When I launched FTBInstall.sh it download correctly, but when I launch ServerStart.sh I have lots of errors :
Can someone help me ?

PS : excuse me for my bad english.

Capture.PNG

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Part of what ServerStart.sh does is it calls FTBInstall.sh. That file downloads the required libraries from Mojang to run minecraft. You can run the FTBInstall.sh once manually and that should fix your issue. It only need to be run once to download the files.

BTW: personally I don't use the ServerStart.sh after I get the initial world/server built. I prefer to use my own scripts for it instead. They are used to run the pack as a service and to automate reboots and backups to Dropbox. If you are interested in more details about this script let me know.

I

Istavan

I found my problem,

I uninstall openjdk and install the real java, and it work greatly.

I'm interested in your script, but not to dropbox ;p

An other question, can I import a map from a personal game on the server ?

Thanks a lot.

I

Istavan

I take it, but can't launch :
Capture.PNG

PS : sorry for french informations ;p

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
You need to edit the constants in the script. Put in your paths and jar files. There is about 7 or 8 edits you need to make to customize it for your server instance.

I

Istavan

I modify the config in the script file.

The server launch but stop severals minutes later.

Is there a log file I can read ?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
That might be normal. The script works by creating a screen session. So once it launches the server it should exit back to the command prompt. Can you give me the output it produces? Also, try to do a screen -list command to see if there is a screen session.

I

Istavan

Hello,

Sorry for the delay of the reply,
When I launch the script, the server grows up on RAM to 2Go and fall to 80 Mo. I don't think so the FTB server also running, no ?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Can you give me output of what the script is doing? There should either be an error or some text that indicates what the script did. Below is what I get when I run the script and the server does start up.
Code:
minecraft@ns233715:~$ service ferret start
* ferret was not already running. Starting...
* Using map named "world"...
* Checking ferret is running...
* [OK] ferret is now running (pid 14961).
minecraft@ns233715:~$

I

Istavan

Hi,
I done a screenshot of what you ask me, I hope it will show you the problem.

Capture.PNG

Thanks for your help.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Ok so it sound like it is trying to start. Can you post the log file from the server? Please use http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/ for that post the URL here. Also after you use sudo ./FTBSrvStart.sh start can you immediately do a screen -list command to see if it starts the screen session. My guess is that the script is running but the server process is terminating after startup for some reason.

I

Istavan

I created the link and post it before but it's awaiting moderator approval... Can I give it to you by an other way ?

And I can't find the crashreports folder

Last edited:
I

Istavan

I post it again and the message is awaiting moderator approval too... I'll give you a screenshot, might be better :

Capture.PNG