FTB Infinity Server Loading Dim-7 Takes FOREVER.

AterRuit

Jul 29, 2019
Dim-7 happens to be the Twilight Forest. Every time I restart my server it hangs on "Loading Dim-7" for nearly 5 solid minutes. Does this happen to anyone else? Has anyone found any solutions? (Apart from disabling TF)

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Dim-7 happens to be the Twilight Forest. Every time I restart my server it hangs on "Loading Dim-7" for nearly 5 solid minutes. Does this happen to anyone else? Has anyone found any solutions? (Apart from disabling TF)

Check server resources while trying to load it and adjust from there/offload the load elsewhere. For instance if the RAM is being used up is maxed out then it need to take more time to load smaller bits of that DIM into the memory.

leelawd

Jul 29, 2019
This is the exact same with my Dw20 server, it will hang on loading the Twilight, The only thing iv realised is that the longer the worlds are kept, the longer the hang is over time.

When i remove just the Twilight forest world, it will do the same thing even though there is nothing to load in that world besides the new spawn location.

When I completely remove the old world files and have fresh ones, it will skip past it as normal in a second. but over time it will start to hang longer and longer. It is in no way related to a RAM issue.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
This is the exact same with my Dw20 server, it will hang on loading the Twilight, The only thing iv realised is that the longer the worlds are kept, the longer the hang is over time.

When i remove just the Twilight forest world, it will do the same thing even though there is nothing to load in that world besides the new spawn location.

When I completely remove the old world files and have fresh ones, it will skip past it as normal in a second. but over time it will start to hang longer and longer. It is in no way related to a RAM issue.

Disk and CPU loads? Of course bigger worlds are going to take longer and here's why

When you have a new world only a few MB in size, the servicing of that from the disk to RAM is really fast. However when you have it by xxxMB/xGB+ the disk, RAM, and CPU have to work much harder to service these larger contents.

leelawd

Jul 29, 2019
Disk and CPU loads? Of course bigger worlds are going to take longer and here's why

When you have a new world only a few MB in size, the servicing of that from the disk to RAM is really fast. However when you have it by xxxMB/xGB+ the disk, RAM, and CPU have to work much harder to service these larger contents.

Yes I know bigger worlds = longer load times, by a small amount but this is beyond ridiculous loading times.

But even when I remove the affected world/worlds and let it load back up again, it will do the exact same thing on that affected world even though there is only the spawn blocks that it needs to create.
It will only clear if i remove the entire base world folder(s).

I have tried removing individual region folders, data folders and anything inside the world folders that looked like it was a cause of the issue. None of these worked. From what iv tested extensively on, it is not the world itself. On server start-up no server will load all of the chunks that it has created. only the ones that are force loaded or at the spawn location So the argument that the the world is loading is the cause is completely untrue.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I know bigger worlds = longer load times, by a small amount but this is beyond ridiculous loading times.

But even when I remove the affected world/worlds and let it load back up again, it will do the exact same thing on that affected world even though there is only the spawn blocks that it needs to create.
It will only clear if i remove the entire base world folder(s).

I have tried removing individual region folders, data folders and anything inside the world folders that looked like it was a cause of the issue. None of these worked. From what iv tested extensively on, it is not the world itself. On server start-up no server will load all of the chunks that it has created. only the ones that are force loaded or at the spawn location So the argument that the the world is loading is the cause is completely untrue.

Maybe then it's how TWF handle it's DIM? Or do you still get beyond crazy load times when that mod is removed from the "equation"? There have to be a reason why world(s) are loading ridiculously long at any rates.

leelawd

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe then it's how TWF handle it's DIM? Or do you still get beyond crazy load times when that mod is removed from the "equation"? There have to be a reason why world(s) are loading ridiculously long at any rates.

Yea, when I disable the mod and remove its world, it will just move to the next world in its load sequence and proceed to do the same thing as before. its very frustrating.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, when I disable the mod and remove its world, it will just move to the next world in its load sequence and proceed to do the same thing as before. its very frustrating.

I understand completely because it's software layer issue it's not easy to find what what wrong (and can very time consuming to diagnose). What I suggest is to try to do more "pulling wires" and eventually find the source of the problem.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
maybe its because twilight forest blocks certain parts of the world for certain users until they are allowed to visit it?