FTB Infinity Recipe Glitch (among others) - World related?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
[QUICK EDIT: I found the cause of the issue in the post below this! Still don't know a way of fixing it, though.]

Title:
FTB Infinity Recipe Glitch (among others) - World related?
Launcher Version:
CurseVoice, 6.3.5751.29032 || MC Launcher 1.6.48
Modpack:
FTB Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Having an interesting glitch occur when playing FTB Infinity. I was just making some Enderium tools, and this glitch just started happening. Basically.

1. It appears that recipes involving vanilla wood planks are removed. I am only able to craft sticks, tools, etc with OAK wood, not BIRCH. The type of wood it "selects" for the recipes seems to be random, but it seems to prioritise giving Oak and Spruce the recipes over other wood types. I've never seen it give the recipes to Acacia or Dark Oak yet. The other wood types are completely unable to craft wooden items. (Which in turn made creating the patterns I needed to make Enderium TiCo tools awkward)

2. The book "Materials and You Vol. 2" has some of its text replaced with black squares. I'm not exactly sure why this is happening - but I can confirm that being near my own base is not the issue, as I also get the glitch when I'm over 50 chunks away.

I noticed that this glitch is only occuring on my main save file. I created a new Superflat world to see if it happened there, and all the wood recipes appear to be okay as well as the Materials and You book rendering correctly.

Here's my save file, if you want to look into it further: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30046542/Minecraft/Private Uploads/Feed the Beast Bugfix/Threed the Best FTB Bugfix Backup.zip

Also my FTB instance IS slightly modified, I did revert back to "Vanilla" FTB Infinity 1.12.1 (With a world backup, of course) and the glitch still happened. Details of the changes I made to the pack are available here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30046542/Minecraft/Private Uploads/Feed the Beast Bugfix/CHANGES I MADE.txt

I also have an Imgur album with an overview of what's happening, which is abailable here: http://imgur.com/a/XZsC1

If you need any more information, please ask! I'm not even sure if I uploaded the correct log file.​

Last edited:

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
UPDATE: Been trying for a while to figure out a fix for this, and I found out that clearing my inventory fixes the glitch with the book (so I can only assume there's a rendering issue SOMEWHERE involving something in my inventory conflicting?)

Although the recipe glitch does not fix: I'm assuming these two glitches are now unrelated! ;o But still.. it'd be nice to craft things from wood again.

UPDATE 2.0: Not a world-related issue! Creating a new world.. the recipes for non-Oak planks are still missing. Well, that's a relief, as I didn't want to lose my main world ;_; But still, the quest to fix this strange glitch continues. What interferes with recipes, now..?

UPDATE 3.0: Clean FTB Infinity install. New world. Still can't craft anything out of planks. Is this an issue with 1.12.1..?

UPDATE 4.0: Downgraded to Infinity 1.11.2 (Latest Recommended Build), glitch still occuring. Though to be fair, I upgraded to Infinity 1.12.1 in hopes of FIXING the glitch, so I don't know why I thought downgrading would fix it.
I also realise Java updated itself recently. I'm half assuming this isn't even the fault of the modpack anymore, but more a Java update or something. (Edit: Running the latest Java build [Jaba 8 Update 65]!)

HUGE UPDATE VERSION 5.0: This glitch only seems to happen when I look up the wood recipes in NEI! Until I check the uses for wooden planks, all wood recipes work. After I check the uses for a particular plank, THAT plank becomes the ONLY plank that is able to craft wooden items - the other planks somehow lose their recipes after this! And of course, this directly relates to what I was doing before I encountered the bug - I was looking up TiCo materials for my tools, and I decided to use wood as my "entry point" into clicking the "Recipes" button to find all the available TiCo materials in FTB Infinity, eventually settling on Enderium.

So basically: I HAVE FOUND THE CAUSE, but I know not the fix.

minor update for the other bug 6.0: Apparently the cause for the book having black squares is just having Botania Mana appear on the EXP bar.

Last edited: