FTB Infinity Question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sporemasterjw

Jul 29, 2019
So Im making a fairly early game base in infinity and I need to find a block or a solution that is fairly accesible early game but keeps mobs from waking in my base and attacking me, but something that I can still get in and out of my base with. I would also to be somewat asthetically pleasing thanks in advance.

sux4bIT.png

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Warded stone from early game thaumcraft as long as its all connected no mobs can pass over it and its fairly easy to acquire might take some time for that size lot though

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm way out of my league here, but why not make the floor out of a block that mobs can't spawn on? Pretty sure half-slabs qualify, but also stairs (no good for obvious reason) and doesn't regular glass prevent spawns too?

I once watched a youtube of someone making a Witch mob grinder... and the first thing they had to do was clear the entire area around the witch hut for a radius of 128 blocks or something ridiculous, and put down a half-slab on every block, so no other mobs would spawn in the area. Fun, fun fun! :D

Something I've been wondering... since half-slabs cause issues with machines looking like they're not sitting on the floor, can you still put two half slabs down to prevent mob spawns but it looks like a regular block?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Garage doors from Carpenter blocks. You can make them fairly large and put any block on them you want. Everything else is either a normal door or very late game stuff like etheral glass.

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
If just stopping them from spawning at all is ok, then go for magnum torches. They're a tad expensive, but they stop hostile spawning in a 64x64 block area. (You need ghast tears for part of the recipe, my tip for that is go to the twilight forest and find the tower in the dark forest biome, there are ghast spawners about halfway up and you can farm them up pretty quick!)

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone's more or less listed all the best options, but I'd have to go with the same idea as what someone already commented, Warded stone from Thaumcraft, it's not really that late game, heck it's early-mid if you ask me, so I'd use that for your current situation.

Reactions: rdemay91

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
Also does anyone have any tips for fighting the wither in ftb? trying to get angel ring early on

Dig a moderately long two-high, one-wide tunnel at bedrock, assemble wither at the end, dump bucket of water on it before the initial explosion, run back out of the blast radius. Once it's formed charge forward, stay in the tunnel, strike it a few times, and run back. Do this a couple of times and you'll have your star easy peasy.