FTB Infinity not starting old world or new one.

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
B

bismarcksd

Title:
Launcher Version:
1.4.3 Build: 10403
Modpack:
FTB Infinity Evolved
Modpack Version:
1.7 1.7.10
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I was playing and suddenly got a black screen. Had to restart computer as it was not responding. After restart, started game up as normal, went to load my world and it fell back to the start screen.
I've done some research to try and fix it without help. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Java (reboot after uninstall, reboot after new install). I've forced FTB to redownload the files before launching.
I'm not sure what to do at this point, hoping someone can give me some guidance to get this going again.

TIA

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Launcher Version:
1.4.3 Build: 10403
Modpack:
FTB Infinity Evolved
Modpack Version:
1.7 1.7.10
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I was playing and suddenly got a black screen. Had to restart computer as it was not responding. After restart, started game up as normal, went to load my world and it fell back to the start screen.
I've done some research to try and fix it without help. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Java (reboot after uninstall, reboot after new install). I've forced FTB to redownload the files before launching.
I'm not sure what to do at this point, hoping someone can give me some guidance to get this going again.

TIA
If this was on a server I hate to tell ya the world is corrupt. Unless you have backups, also if it was on a single player world just restart the world im sorry. You could probably load your currently world into mc edit and move yourself to a different chunk. But the best bet is to use a back up if you have any from server or client.

Reactions: bismarcksd
B

bismarcksd

single player. no backup. :( crud. ok thanks for the help. really appreciate it.

*edit*
so I finally found where my files are located, so i can manually back them up now. Weird thing, I deleted my FTB directory/install, started fresh like it said to do in the help section. I started a new world, loaded fine. I copied my old world over, and same thing happened, it went back to the start screen, what's weird is that it did it on both my old world, and the new one i had just made and tested (verified working) before importing my old save.
My question, how could a corrupt save in one world, affect the other world and prevent it from loading?

Last edited:

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
single player. no backup. :( crud. ok thanks for the help. really appreciate it.

*edit*
so I finally found where my files are located, so i can manually back them up now. Weird thing, I deleted my FTB directory/install, started fresh like it said to do in the help section. I started a new world, loaded fine. I copied my old world over, and same thing happened, it went back to the start screen, what's weird is that it did it on both my old world, and the new one i had just made and tested (verified working) before importing my old save.
My question, how could a corrupt save in one world, affect the other world and prevent it from loading?
because it has the corrupted chunks :p

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Restore world from backups? I really hope you have those.

Backups by ftb-utilities should be on by default. Check <instance folder>/minecraft/backups/

Last edited: