ftb infinity item id different between 2 worlds

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

coolsnake1134

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
ftb infinity item id different between 2 worlds
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
i have 3 ftb infinity servers linked with bungee cord and some of the item ids are different between the linked servers. the main survival servers world was created when the pack first launched and the other 2 servers worlds were created around 3 days ago. all 3 servers are on the same version of the pack. i know the item ids are different because when i use an sql inventory bridge to sync the player data between server 1 and server 2 some of the items in my inventory are different items. for example the draconic staff of power is id 5268 on server 1 but is id 5562 on server 2 and 3. server 1's world was generated when infinity first launched and server 2 and 3 worlds were generated 3 days ago

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
It's about 90% of mods have id config block in cfg files.
Try it)
But first U must delete mod, then start server, shoutdown server (it will delete all items/blocks from mod), reconfigure cfg files, add mod.
or use cfg files from one server to start new ones

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
It is normal behavior since 1.7.10.
There is nothing you can do about it except copying the level.dat files so that they all use the same file but doing this to an old world will practically destroy it and I don't recommend it in any way shape or form. Seriously do not do this!
if you can edit how its saved you should let it use the nameId. So instead of 1 you should store Minecraft:stone (or whatever 1 corresponds too) as these will always be the same

Last edited:

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
@lenscas , could U finish Ur post?
And TC does not want restore old world with parts of new one.
TC want transfer players thru servers.
As I remember Open block can save inventory to file and load from file. May be better use it?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
@lenscas , could U finish Ur post?
And TC does not want restore old world with parts of new one.
TC want transfer players thru servers.
As I remember Open block can save inventory to file and load from file. May be better use it?
it looks like my internet derped and the level.dat file doesn't store the world, only stores stuff like the seed and the list of nameid's to numeric id's

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I also wouldn't be surprised if the open blocks file contains numeric id's to safe space as they are normally used in only one world.