FTB Infinity generates a more than half MushroomIsland world [Resolved]

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Micah333

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
FTB Infinity generates a nearly half MushroomIsland world
Launcher Version:
v1.4.8
Modpack:
FTB Infinity
Modpack Version:
v1.11.2 Server
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
No matter how many times I generate a new world, or whether I change or supply a seed, or where I warp to tens of thousands of blocks away, nearly half of the world generated is MushroomIsland . Any ideas? Also, the biomesaplenty terraingen.cfg seems to have no affect. Thanks.

Last edited:

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Actually came to report/search for a fix for this issue as well. Tried to make a small server to play with my kids, but it's a mushroom island as far as the eye can see, with a little bit of desert in the mix.

After regenerating new worlds 5 or 6 times, it gave me something that wasn't a mooshroom biome. Pretty large desert biome, but it's different and surrounded by plains and a forest. Perhaps I had just bad luck of the draw. Maybe try deleting and remaking the world a few times.

Last edited:

Micah333

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, no matter how many times I delete the "world" folder, or ever the entire server folder to start from scratch, I get majority Mushroom worlds. Something is wrong with the pack, as a fresh extract of "FTBInfinity-1.11.2-1.7.10Server.zip" still generates a mostly Mushroom world, with no mod configs touched on my part. Anybody have any ideas? Not sure what else to try, having started from square-one multiple times already.

Mooshroom World.png

Last edited:

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, it happens to me as well, but after a few tries each time, I eventually get lucky. Was the server a fresh install? I remember one of the older iterations having a config issue that made this happen as well, but it wouldn't ever fix.

Micah333

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, fresh start. EVERY time I generate a world with the server, it is dominantly MushroomIsland (and lots of Magical Forest too). The BoP settings seem to have no effect. However, if I generate the world in single player, things work properly and I start to see the new (other) biomes. I'm curious if you've since run into MushroomIsland on the world you thought was good? Every time I thought I might have gotten one, I only have to fly a bit, or teleport a bit, and then I'd see more dreaded Mooshrooms.

Micah333

Jul 29, 2019
I changed the "level-type=DEFAULT" to "level-type=BIOMESOP" and now BoP is overriding/fixing whatever vanilla Mushroom nonsense was happening earlier. I wonder why the level-type doesn't default to BoP??? Maybe not possible? Anyways, it seems to be working now.

Reactions: Alcheya
P

Patrix87

Same here,

The solution was to generate with Biome O plenty

Change the world type in server.properties to BIOMESOP