FTB Infinity flickering

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Scold

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
FTB Infinity flickering
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity
Modpack Version:
v1.11.2
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I installed FTB on my new laptop but the game is flickering all the time, especially the minimap and when I am in the inventory mode. I already tried changing all the relevant graphics options and turned off threaded optimizing in the Nvidia settings as that was recommended in some threads I found while googling but to no avail.

Possibly relevant specs:
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel Core i5-4210H CPU @ 2.90 GHz
8 GB RAM
Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960M and Intel HD Graphics 4600 (some posts said that having 2 graphic cards might cause the issue but the second one shouldn't even be relevant should it)
Java Version 8 Update 60 (Build 1.8.0_60-b27)

I would be much obliged if you managed to help me out.

Scold

Jul 29, 2019
This issue persists even when I start a new game so it can't be a corrupted save file or something. I already reinstalled FTB and Java. Also, all my drivers are up to date so I really don't know what causes the flickering but it's very annoying and close to unplayable.