FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I am posting my set up for ore doubling and you guys can see if you like it or not. It is a Manual Set up with auto compression.

Items needed:
1 chest
1 auto Compressor from Ex Com
2 pipes that move stacks
1 Autonomous Activator
1 Shiny Shovel (Mods Hammering, Luck maxed, Repair)
1 Shiny Shovel (Mods Smelting, Luck Maxed, Repair)

Set up:
Lead the chest into the Auto Compressor and then lead then compressor into the Autonomous Activator set to right click and Random. Use you hammering shovel to hammer down Gravel ore>Sand Ore>Dust. When you have dust put it back into the machine and then use your Smelting Shovel.

With this set up I got 5+ stacks of iron ingots from 1 stack of Gravel Ore broken down into dust first of course. Hope this helps some one. I am uploading a Video of the set up for those interested let me know and I'll send a pm with the link.

wouldn't a smelting shovel not just turn one ore dust into one ingot instead of two?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
wouldn't a smelting shovel not just turn one ore dust into one ingot instead of two?
Nope luck maxed makes in it give like 1-4 ingots instead. Works for smelting glass and seared bricks. Also works on axes when cutting trees for charcoal. That is why luck maxed on both shovels is most important.

Jinotad

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, never bothered with smelting upgrade as I figured it was better to process threw machines.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Who is using what for a mid-game power? I'm just getting started with producing my UU matter for Iridium and it's guzzling my power so fast!!! I did make my wither killing setup, and I can manually kill them currently to feed a Nether star generator, but that is just a bit too manual for me so far... I know I can (relatively soon) automate that, but was wondering if there was a better power source in this range?

I'm still about 20 RTG Pellets from a decent Big Reactor, and slowly converting to MOX cores for my 2x Stable reactors, I have one advanced Solar so far and working up from there...

I can't help but think I'm missing something...

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
There is the heat generator into Stirling generator. I think it is Radioisotope Heat Generator. In my testing to gave 32 eu per tick and was passive. I don't know but it didn't seem to use the RTG pellets ether. I my self am going to use the Reactant dynamo till big reactor. With upgrades it produces 640 rf per tick. With a good grinder set up and ghast tears generation it scale up for you. I'm using creosote and blaze powder for now. Nether stars make the Duration like 6,400,000. Of course if you have the redstone seed you could make a large redstone farm and melt redstone down and use it instead of mob essence.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
There is the heat generator into Stirling generator. I think it is Radioisotope Heat Generator. In my testing to gave 32 eu per tick and was passive. I don't know but it didn't seem to use the RTG pellets ether. I my self am going to use the Reactant dynamo till big reactor. With upgrades it produces 640 rf per tick. With a good grinder set up and ghast tears generation it scale up for you. I'm using creosote and blaze powder for now. Nether stars make the Duration like 6,400,000. Of course if you have the redstone seed you could make a large redstone farm and melt redstone down and use it instead of mob essence.
I can use Essence/creosote and Ghast tears (7k+ of them) but setting up a bank of dynamos is not appealing ATM if it can be avoided... I'm wanting to generate about 5k rf/t more than I'm doing right now, Upgrading the 2 Reactants I already have gets me about 1k...

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I can use Essence/creosote and Ghast tears (7k+ of them) but setting up a bank of dynamos is not appealing ATM if it can be avoided... I'm wanting to generate about 5k rf/t more than I'm doing right now, Upgrading the 2 Reactants I already have gets me about 1k...
8 dynamo with upgrades should net you an additional 5,100 this will let 4 per layer surrounding a fluid pipe of some kind which would be 2 layers. Run flux pipes of some kind up the 2 sides.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
8 dynamo with upgrades should net you an additional 5,100 this will let 4 per layer surrounding a fluid pipe of some kind which would be 2 layers. Run flux pipes of some kind up the 2 sides.
I just ran a fast test of this setup, Unfortunately a full drum of Essence would last me under 15 minutes, this is faster consumption than I can produce, so it's not sustainable, and it would be a significant effort to upscale my essence production.. For now it's much cheaper (time and materials-wise) to just kill 4 withers to run the nether star generators a pair of cycles... I may just have to be resigned to that...

Edit: Keeping in mind I can kill 4 withers in under one minute with zero risk, I'm about 60-90 min of focused effort from having Draconian grinder

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I just ran a fast test of this setup, Unfortunately a full drum of Essence would last me under 15 minutes, this is faster consumption than I can produce, so it's not sustainable, and it would be a significant effort to upscale my essence production.. For now it's much cheaper (time and materials-wise) to just kill 4 withers to run the nether star generators a pair of cycles... I may just have to be resigned to that...

Edit: Keeping in mind I can kill 4 withers in under one minute with zero risk, I'm about 60-90 min of focused effort from having Draconian grinder
I'm out right now let me do some testing. You could a one rod big reactor and scale up once you get enough fuel for the rods. That should give you a boost in power if cooled right. Maybe two layers of gem blocks around it.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm out right now let me do some testing. You could a one rod big reactor and scale up once you get enough fuel for the rods. That should give you a boost in power if cooled right. Maybe two layers of gem blocks around it.
That's more like it... Something I can build that I will reuse ;-) (and I have enough RTG Pellets for a smaller build)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
That's more like it... Something I can build that I will reuse ;-) (and I have enough RTG Pellets for a smaller build)
So testing I don't know how many rods you can get but I test on a 7*7*3 using shiny blocks to cool with a plus in the middle of rods and got 2.43k rf/tick. I looked up steam turbines from BR and they look doable you could upgrade to steam turbine with that reactor and get 5k. If you can build 7*7 it would be scaled up easily. I used shiny because it has the highest heat beside some of the liquid coolant.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
So testing I don't know how many rods you can get but I test on a 7*7*3 using shiny blocks to cool with a plus in the middle of rods and got 2.43k rf/tick. I looked up steam turbines from BR and they look doable you could upgrade to steam turbine with that reactor and get 5k. If you can build 7*7 it would be scaled up easily. I used shiny because it has the highest heat beside some of the liquid coolant.
7x7x3 Passive I can get this. 9,421 rf/t. All of it doable. YAY!

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
cool! Note: Do you have enough for 8 rods?
I made one with 15, Had to use diamond blocks tho since I'm out of Electrotine, still getting almost 8k rf/t so it solved the issue. ;-) (have the setup tied to a power monitor to turn on/off the recycler setup)

That allowed my iridium build to finish up over night, now at around 100 Iridium. ME storage here I come.

AWDoBaun

Jul 29, 2019
Am I missing something? I cannot get the skyblock achievement for bees ("Are you crazy? Bees, really?") in the 1.0.4 server I'm playing on and I see no mention of this being fixed in 1.1.0 nor any changes that seem relevant in the diffs of the configs in 1.1 with 1.0.4. The subtext suggest craft a gendustry power module, but you do not craft them. Adding a crafting recipe that has one input of a power module and one output of a power module to allow you to "craft" them does not meet the achievement.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I made one with 15, Had to use diamond blocks tho since I'm out of Electrotine, still getting almost 8k rf/t so it solved the issue. ;-) (have the setup tied to a power monitor to turn on/off the recycler setup)

That allowed my iridium build to finish up over night, now at around 100 Iridium. ME storage here I come.
. If you do a squire in the middle and 1 block of coolant as the middle block the program says you can pull 14k. Sorry my phone is derping hard.

Last edited:

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Am I missing something? I cannot get the skyblock achievement for bees ("Are you crazy? Bees, really?") in the 1.0.4 server I'm playing on and I see no mention of this being fixed in 1.1.0 nor any changes that seem relevant in the diffs of the configs in 1.1 with 1.0.4. The subtext suggest craft a gendustry power module, but you do not craft them. Adding a crafting recipe that has one input of a power module and one output of a power module to allow you to "craft" them does not meet the achievement.
You need to make an industrial apiary. I changed the item, but forgot to change the text before release. It will be fixed in the next update.

AWDoBaun

Jul 29, 2019
You need to make an industrial apiary. I changed the item, but forgot to change the text before release. It will be fixed in the next update.
Odd, I'll play around with different ways to make the apiary, I've made a few already but all likely in my AE system.

EDIT: Worked like a charm on a standard crafting table, thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Watchful11

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so I got to the nether just to see what was there, I see some nodes and nothing else but void. But, a short distance from where my portal came in I saw these blue lights. got over to where they were and they literally are just very short 1-3 block comets that come and go. there is no waila, they are not wisps and they all seem to be aiming for something that's invisible, a single spot that has nothing there. Any clue? I'm no stranger at all to mc but I don't recall seeing anything like this before.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
so I got to the nether just to see what was there, I see some nodes and nothing else but void. But, a short distance from where my portal came in I saw these blue lights. got over to where they were and they literally are just very short 1-3 block comets that come and go. there is no waila, they are not wisps and they all seem to be aiming for something that's invisible, a single spot that has nothing there. Any clue? I'm no stranger at all to mc but I don't recall seeing anything like this before.
No more midnight snacks? rofl