FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so I got a rubber seed from sieve and planted and got a ic2 rubber tree/sapling. Is there another way to get MFR rubber saplings in latest version on launcher?

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
so I got a rubber seed from sieve and planted and got a ic2 rubber tree/sapling. Is there another way to get MFR rubber saplings in latest version on launcher?
I got a rubber seed from sifting dirt. But my trees say they are MFR. But in looking at NEI the rubber tree seeds that drop are tagged as Ex Nihilo so I'm not sure what that means.

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
there is a chance to get either sapling from the rubber seed, something like 40/60(probably wrong)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I got a rubber seed from sifting dirt. But my trees say they are MFR. But in looking at NEI the rubber tree seeds that drop are tagged as Ex Nihilo so I'm not sure what that means.
well I got mine from same src, but when planted they definately were ic2 rubber trees.

so I sifted more dirt and got another rubber seed and this time it made an mfr one. lmao ok. So nihilo has a random rubber fetish. I'm ok with that. :)

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
well I got mine from same src, but when planted they definately were ic2 rubber trees.

so I sifted more dirt and got another rubber seed and this time it made an mfr one. lmao ok. So nihilo has a random rubber fetish. I'm ok with that. :)

Lol wow that is funny.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So what is your very very first power gen? I see a rabbit hole every time I look at all the ones I can think of, each requiring something else that also requires power. I obviously am missing something very simple, wonder if someone can point me the way.

edit: ok, I retract question. I just saw the gear recipes for smeltery. Ok, nevermind.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I apologize, I didn't realize this wasn't ok to do. I will stop.

I was fairly active on the Galactic Science thread, posting help when people had questions. When Caithleen asked if people wanted to play on a community server, I jumped at the chance. I wasn't able to work out the method of recording, editing and uploading to youtube until that event was complete so I did a community tour right at the end that people seemed to enjoy. I decided to make a lets play for Galactic Science which was fairly well received and then for Hypovolemia afterwards. Eighty some videos posted and I've done these alerts for each one I think. I wish some had said something sooner, I hate to think I've been annoying people. Again, I apologize.
Just a few points and as I posted after there post. It is up to the pack dev if they like/want youtubers to share on their threads. some will say yes and even link the pack because that gives them more exposure. some don't like it and will say so in the OP. The main differences is those other packs even if they where made by FTB members are third party packs and this one is a Official FTB pack as such it would be up to them if you can post the video links on here. It would have been better to send them a PM asking if it was cool before posting the links. Also this is just a news thread and not really the main thread for this pack. Just remember to PM the pack dev before posting and then you should be cool. That being said if they minded they most likely would have posted back or deleted the links them selfs.

C

Chriss22

Is the right click mode of the Autonomous Activator in combination with the Sieve from Ex Nihilo disabled?
Crafted this thing to automate the ressource production but it only places the block but doesnt interact/right click the sieve.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Just a few points and as I posted after there post. It is up to the pack dev if they like/want youtubers to share on their threads. some will say yes and even link the pack because that gives them more exposure. some don't like it and will say so in the OP. The main differences is those other packs even if they where made by FTB members are third party packs and this one is a Official FTB pack as such it would be up to them if you can post the video links on here. It would have been better to send them a PM asking if it was cool before posting the links. Also this is just a news thread and not really the main thread for this pack. Just remember to PM the pack dev before posting and then you should be cool. That being said if they minded they most likely would have posted back or deleted the links them selfs.

I sent a PM to who I was told was the mod pack creator. If he/she says ok, I'll find the main thread and post there in a spoiler tag as suggested.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Is the right click mode of the Autonomous Activator in combination with the Sieve from Ex Nihilo disabled?
Crafted this thing to automate the ressource production but it only places the block but doesnt interact/right click the sieve.

Way back when I play AG I used autonomous activators with sieves to produce resources. I may have used vacuum hoppers to gather the products from sieving. I don't know if right click mode is disabled for autonomous activators or not in this pack.

But that being said, there are auto sieves that will sieve on their own slowly if you provide them power. You have a few to choose from. The Ex Astris one is not very fast and uses little power initially, but it is upgradeable, making it faster and more efficient but at the cost of much more power consumption. The Ex Compression is slow and low power but doesn't seem to be upgradeable.

C

Chriss22

Way back when I play AG I used autonomous activators with sieves to produce resources. I may have used vacuum hoppers to gather the products from sieving. I don't know if right click mode is disabled for autonomous activators or not in this pack.

But that being said, there are auto sieves that will sieve on their own slowly if you provide them power. You have a few to choose from. The Ex Astris one is not very fast and uses little power initially, but it is upgradeable, making it faster and more efficient but at the cost of much more power consumption. The Ex Compression is slow and low power but doesn't seem to be upgradeable.
well the problem is i only have a survivalist generator and it only produces 5rf per tick but the sieve needs 40. thats why i wanted to try the activator if that one is faster and/or needs less power

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
wish i had known that before. first the transfer node cobble generator didnt work and now this.

can i edit the config file and if yes where can is find it?

Lava, cobble, water with transfer node on top of the cobblestone with a world interaction upgrade in the transfer node? That should work. Try to make a hobbyist steam engine. I think they produce 32 RF/tick.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
wish i had known that before. first the transfer node cobble generator didnt work and now this.

I've got a item transfer node + world interaction for cobble and a fluid with interaction for water going, so don't know why you can't get it to work.

config/ExNihilo.cfg: find
B:"sieve automation allowed"=false
and change to true

but editing configs is a slippery slope. caveat emptor

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

Placing a water source on one side of cobble and then a lava source on the other should allow the transfer node to work as long as you have the world interaction upgrade in it and also connect to an output like jabba barrel or compression draws. I would suggest the compression draw. it is cheaper. Also if that isn't working for you use the block breaker with a redstone clock.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Ok I am posting my set up for ore doubling and you guys can see if you like it or not. It is a Manual Set up with auto compression.

Items needed:
1 chest
1 auto Compressor from Ex Com
2 pipes that move stacks
1 Autonomous Activator
1 Shiny Shovel (Mods Hammering, Luck maxed, Repair)
1 Shiny Shovel (Mods Smelting, Luck Maxed, Repair)

Set up:
Lead the chest into the Auto Compressor and then lead then compressor into the Autonomous Activator set to right click and Random. Use you hammering shovel to hammer down Gravel ore>Sand Ore>Dust. When you have dust put it back into the machine and then use your Smelting Shovel.

With this set up I got 5+ stacks of iron ingots from 1 stack of Gravel Ore broken down into dust first of course. Hope this helps some one. I am uploading a Video of the set up for those interested let me know and I'll send a pm with the link.