FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Do the Ender IO recipes work then?
Yes, Ender IO alloy smelter recipe is there... and this missing recipe is from two different machines, Windows box and an OSx box.

I did a forced update to my files from my FTB launcher and that fixed it. I can now see the recipe... I should be good from here.

Thanks for the help!

D

DrMeteorite

Does anyone know how they handled Witchery's Spirit World? Currently, using YUNoMakeGoodMap in a modpack, the Spirit World is also a void. However, in IESkyblock, you get a normal world as the Spirit World.

Anyone at all? I've figured out a way to generate a skyblock in the spirit world but then I'm left with no Disturbed/Wispy Cotton. A normal world with standard terrain would be preferable.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Could somebody confirm if the following features should be in the FTB Skyblock v1.1.0?

- Show food's saturation while holding "sneak" button
- Show item's Aspects (Thaumcraft) on "sneak" button
- Show Mob Loot at NEI

I'm trying to determine if my installation is borked or if said things are disabled/removed.
If anybody knows how to enable those I'd be very oblidged

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I must admit to being confused, the Nether is supposed to be void? Yet Dire/Soaryn series shows land and bedrock... where they fought Wither

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I must admit to being confused, the Nether is supposed to be void? Yet Dire/Soaryn series shows land and bedrock... where they fought Wither

Dire plays early versions and exploits that to the best of his ability for as long as he can. You will have to find a different youtuber/streamer if you want to follow the pack progression as it was released to the public.

*Edit* It might also have been an issue with the releases prior to version 1.04

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Dire plays early versions and exploits that to the best of his ability for as long as he can. You will have to find a different youtuber/streamer if you want to follow the pack progression as it was released to the public.

*Edit* It might also have been an issue with the releases prior to version 1.04

Deleted DIM-1 in my test world (latest build) and reloaded... still void. so... as intended. ;-)

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting issue, how to get wisps...

I'm guessing the only way is to grow a silverwood sapling to get the magical forest biome?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Interesting issue, how to get wisps...

I'm guessing the only way is to grow a silverwood sapling to get the magical forest biome?
They also spawn in the Nether... although they probably require solid ground to spawn on. So you might need to build a large platform in the Nether before you'll get any.

And once one spawns, you can capture it in an EnderIO soul vial and use that in a powered spawner to spawn more.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
They also spawn in the Nether... although they probably require solid ground to spawn on. So you might need to build a large platform in the Nether before you'll get any.

And once one spawns, you can capture it in an EnderIO soul vial and use that in a powered spawner to spawn more.
Gotcha, That will most likely be much faster than getting the Silverwood Sapling.

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
Just got the achievement for creating an industrial apiary(took me like 20hrs) and I've just thought... I have absolutely no reason to use bees for anything now. I get all my resources through farming and sieving but there is really no use for bees at all(please correct me if I'm wrong) so I would like to request a dev or someone to add something worth getting? like a bee for electrotine or iridium shards(1% like diamond shards) then I might feel some accomplishment for completing this achievement. also to anyone who wants to know how long it takes to get 64 iridium from a single mass fabricator: its 68hours(with scrap 100% of the time)

meic831

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get started in bees? I've seen the recipes for forest,water,marble, nether. But what about Meadow or Rock bees? How do you get a lily pad for water bees?

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get started in bees? I've seen the recipes for forest,water,marble, nether. But what about Meadow or Rock bees? How do you get a lily pad for water bees?
I don't think there is a recipe for the rocky hive but there should be for meadows(8 grass blocks and a scented hive I think) but I got my rocky bees from the botania flower "hiveacynth"(pretty bad for mana consumption) and you can get lilypads by using mutandis

Jinotad

Jul 29, 2019
@Jemes78 From watching a streamer, empowering bees for the thaumcraft nodes can be quite useful for their effect of adding aspects to the node. Given enough time you can get nodes to over 100 of each aspect, traduce them so they produce 10apt for each element. Not sure about the others, but there are likely other gems that I don't know about.

Last edited:

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
From watching a streamer, empowering bees for the thaumcraft nodes can be quite useful for their effect of adding aspects to the node. Given enough time you can get nodes to over 100 of each aspect, traduce them so they produce 10apt for each element.
i need to look them up. i generally dont know many of the bee abilities, was shocked when some of my bees started shooting lightning at me... serves me right for sending the impure drones to my alchemical furnace XD

meic831

Jul 29, 2019
@meic831 You make an artificial hive, then combine the artificial in an induction smelter with reagents (check NEI) to turn them into some of the basic hives.

@Jemes78 From watching a streamer, empowering bees for the thaumcraft nodes can be quite useful for their effect of adding aspects to the node. Given enough time you can get nodes to over 100 of each aspect, traduce them so they produce 10apt for each element. Not sure about the others, but there are likely other gems that I don't know about.
Nei has recipes for forest, water, marble, and nether. There are no recipes for meadow or rocky bees.

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
Nei has recipes for forest, water, marble, and nether. There are no recipes for meadow or rocky bees.
my nei has it for meadows, it is a fact that the recipes for the induction smelter keep breaking but you should still get plenty princesses and drones from the hiveacynth also a tip... youll need to get valiant bees and i have yet to get any from a hiveacynth had to get them from breaking over 60 forest hives :/

Jinotad

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, need to take my time and process what people wrote before writing. From what I can see from NEI you can convert vines into lily pads using botania, and I *think* that since its a flower, if you have water nearby that lilly pads can spawn from the flower spreading effect of the bees. Whether this only works with water bees, or if any working hive can do it I'm not sure.

meic831

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys! Appreciate the advice. I didn't know about the induction smelter recipes being broken. Sounds like I need to start getting into magic (witchery) to get the lily pads.

Jinotad

Jul 29, 2019
Medows is 8 grass blocks in the induction furnace, and I haven't seen any recipes for curious, unusual hive, or resonating hive. If anyone knows the recipy for the rocky hive, I would appreciate if you would share it.