FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Open Blocks block breaker is only a bit more expensive, requiring a diamond pickaxe and TBH the difference between 3 iron and 3 diamonds even early on isn't that major when you consider the power of a single cobblestone generator. A world interaction upgrade + a transfer node is even more powerful and only a bit more powerful. Early block breaker is good, standing there for twice as long to get a cobblegen working is a bad idea.

The timer from RFTools is a terrible recipe. On that same note the timer from Botania, the hourglass wasn't even touched either as far as I know. It's harder to configure but it's a lot cheaper than the RFTools timer. If anything project red expansion wasn't touched because most of the stuff in it only makes builds more compact not less expensive. RFTools was changed because the mod itself is really powerful and some of the changes saved time by just nerfing the basic blocks of the mod, the machine base and the machine frame.

On the subject of power, I'm almost done with my DE reactor, can't wait to build this thing in survival. A lot more fun than just plopping down a big reactor and I think I'm going to write a computercraft control program for it. Still running my base off of 4 mox reactors and 12 regular reactors, all full chamber reactors. Powers everything nice but now I want something that can pump even more power into my tier 7 DE power storage. Going to be making it in the nether because I'm expecting atleast one explosion.

Olafski

Jul 29, 2019
Open Blocks block breaker is only a bit more expensive, requiring a diamond pickaxe and TBH the difference between 3 iron and 3 diamonds even early on isn't that major when you consider the power of a single cobblestone generator. A world interaction upgrade + a transfer node is even more powerful and only a bit more powerful. Early block breaker is good, standing there for twice as long to get a cobblegen working is a bad idea.

The timer from RFTools is a terrible recipe. On that same note the timer from Botania, the hourglass wasn't even touched either as far as I know. It's harder to configure but it's a lot cheaper than the RFTools timer. If anything project red expansion wasn't touched because most of the stuff in it only makes builds more compact not less expensive. RFTools was changed because the mod itself is really powerful and some of the changes saved time by just nerfing the basic blocks of the mod, the machine base and the machine frame.

On the subject of power, I'm almost done with my DE reactor, can't wait to build this thing in survival. A lot more fun than just plopping down a big reactor and I think I'm going to write a computercraft control program for it. Still running my base off of 4 mox reactors and 12 regular reactors, all full chamber reactors. Powers everything nice but now I want something that can pump even more power into my tier 7 DE power storage. Going to be making it in the nether because I'm expecting atleast one explosion.
Well put on the block breakers. In my opinion there's not much expert about standing there breaking cobblestone by yourself, because there'd be no other way to automate that...

Looks like I have fun times ahead when I read your DE stuff. I'm still powering my base on about 30 Industrial Steam Engines and 1 Nether Star Generator for the occasional extra boost (currently just using it to generate UU matter for the AE2 wrench).

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Block breaker is fine and all but your going to need 20 or so diamonds anyway to get started so you might as well go for the node.

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Well got the reactor up and running, not exactly a cheap recipe but not overly expensive either. Built it in the nether just in case, though I think the thing would be nice next to my power storage but having to decide between starting over or loading a backup if the thing explodes in my base didn't seem like a fun choice.

Overall the reactor was relatively simple to use, a couple of flux gates and some cryo-stabalized fluxducts to input and output power along with tesseracts to input and output power directly to my Tier 7 power storage and it works. Initially manually controlled the energy flow and was running at a net gain of about 190k-220k RF/T without pushing the reactor much. Wrote a computercraft program that took about a hour of testing and remembering which commands for peripherals and such and I now have a relatively safe reactor. Won't go above 7000C or let the containment drop below 35%. It matches the reactor's containment drain as close as possible and will give the reactor a boost if containment drops below 45%. Could lower those numbers to increase efficiency or raise the temperature limit a bit and output more power.

Currently have my output limited to 470k RF/t and holding steady at about 192k RF/T to maintain a 47% charge on the stabalizer. So about 290k RF/T net gain. I hear it gets even better when the fuel conversion level gets higher. After 2 and a half hours of running it's only burned through 1% of it's fuel.

Next up is to allow the computer to control the output flux gate and try to maintain a target temp. Add another safety to shut down the reactor at probably 85% fuel conversion, have it turn the reactor off when receiving a redstone signal so it can turn on and off based upon power stored and also to communicate important information to a display monitor near my power storage.

It's overpowered but fun to work with atleast.

Edit: woke up and the reactor was at 5.5% conversion rate which seems to have dropped the temperature quite a bit so I made some changes to the program:

It now tries to keep the temperature between 6500 and 6750 keeping as close to the 6500 mark. could raise the limit a bit probably the safety to 7500 or 8000 as well. If the reactor is generating within 5k rf/t of what it's outputting it will raise the output by 2000 rf/t as long as temperature is not above 6500. If something causes it to mess up and the temperature goes above 6750 it will drop the output rate by 4k. This has of course required me to give the reactor control over the output flux gate

It now puts less power into the reactor, lowering the total containment field strength and the safety will only trigger the reactor to shut off if it goes below 15% containment strength.

A final safety has been added to disable the reactor at 85% fuel conversion.

currently at fuel conversion of 7.5% and with the changes the reactor is now outputting about 700k RF/T with a input of 150k RF/T for a net gain of 550k RF/t. Believe the reactor control part of the program is complete for automatic control, now to add manual overrides and computer monitors.

edit2: monitor took longer than expected apparently wireless modems aren't cross-dimensional. ender chests of course are, so I made a contraption to move disks back and forth from the nether to my main base. the monitor computer reads the disks and sends them back to be written. First time using disks and I took the even harder route by using transfer nodes. End result: 2016-04-28_00.01.42.png Nothing fancy yet but it was all thrown together and allows me to monitor the reactor without having to teleport to the nether and check it manually. Should run for a week straight before needing to be shutdown and re-fueled.

Last edited:
Reactions: zBob

bored

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Folks,

I was under the impression that translocators was in the Infinity Evolved pack (according to the wiki) but I don't see it in Skyblock. Was it removed, overlooked? Would it cause any problems if I added it?

Thanks in advance.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
It was removed, it had a critical bug. We don't want to remove it from the main pack since it's been in there for a while.

Reactions: Jinotad

bored

Jul 29, 2019
That's a shame I had never used that mod and was looking forward to it.

Thanks for the info.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Got my smelting shovel with max luck up and running. :) also side note if you put it on Adventure mode you can't get things out of your draws. Don't know if it requires a tools or something but I click the wrong button testing some stuff on my test world and can confirm this and don't know why just FYI.

Last edited:

Drakan21

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if anyone has encountered this problem - but a Flux Hammer in an autonomous activator breaking a single sandstone slab will crash your client.

knoxz

Jul 29, 2019
The thaumicEnergistic version in this modpack is outdated like 4 months...
Its causing a lot of crashes with the arcane crafting table.
The issue should be fixed in 1.0.0.3
1.0.0.5 was already released a few weeks ago. ;-)

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Stupid Question - How do I go about enabling the food's saturation Tooltip? (As seen at dw20 video)

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having difficulty with the Invar Armor Plating needed to upgrade Jetpacks to Tier 5, Any hints?

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Hold down shift while mousing-over a food item I think?
I meant how to enable the option for it to show up, like a config or something.
It doesn't show up when i hold down shift/sneak - thus I assume the option is turned off.

D

DrMeteorite

Does anyone know how they handled Witchery's Spirit World? Currently, using YUNoMakeGoodMap in a modpack, the Spirit World is also a void. However, in IESkyblock, you get a normal world as the Spirit World.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, what is your difficulty exactly? Is a recipe missing, or broken, or what?
Looks to be completely missing, if it were there and just an ore Dic issue, that is something I could get around. The Enderium Armor plate recipe clearly calls them out, and they appear on NEI, but no way to make them. (per NEI) Was not sure if it was a hidden recipe like the Thaumcraft stuff, where I would need to unlock them somehow...

Edit Update: both Bronze and invar Armor plating are "missing" testing something...

UPD : OK, crafting Iron Armor plates did not unlock the bronze..

Last edited: