FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Congealed blood used to be ore dictionary in with slime balls don't if it still is and you used to be able to get blood from smelting rotten flesh but I haven't check those recipes in this pack.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
I dont get all the mob spawners. I am constructing a nuclear reactor from ic2 without ever building more than a simple dark room.
just checked the recipe for eye of galgador, suddenly i get all the mob spawners.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
Congealed blood used to be ore dictionary in with slime balls don't if it still is and you used to be able to get blood from smelting rotten flesh but I haven't check those recipes in this pack.

it is, but the recipe is slightly more complicated than just smelting rotten flesh. it still seems verry doable though, but so is spawning slimes in other ways.

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
just checked the recipe for eye of galgador, suddenly i get all the mob spawners.

It's not really even just that. the ender eyes are nice, I've never needed a sheep farm because my wool comes from spiders killed. Blood magic automated killing, could use a cursed earth room but my mob tower works just as well. I use mine for thaumcraft wand refilling, been too lazy to move nodes. Also gives more mob essence for mob spawning and enchanting. IMO a good mob farm is one of the most important starting structures in a sky block beyond a good sieving setup.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Nice!! I was already planning to convert the bottom of one of my Water Wheels into a drop trap for the squids that spawn! Love this!
OK, pulled the bottom out of my three Water Wheels and replaced that with signs, Funneled the squid down to a 5x5x5 kill room where they drop into Witch water, 6 Iron spikes. I have a stack of tears within the first hour...

GLORIOUS!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
OK, pulled the bottom out of my three Water Wheels and replaced that with signs, Funneled the squid down to a 5x5x5 kill room where they drop into Witch water, 6 Iron spikes. I have a stack of tears within the first hour...

GLORIOUS!
It doesnt evem need to be a 5x5x5 room. It can just be the 1x1 block of witch water where they drop, as long the outside is full of blocks so the ghasts dont escape trough the walls. That way, they also die of suffocation. Its a good trick for early game when you dont have access to spikes. Specially if playing with no health regen.

Ohh, and a sound muffler, very important for the player sanity if he goes the suffocation route!

Meanwhile, I am still trying to avoid these mechanics (mob farms, spawners, MFR at all) that I have abused do much in the past and trying my way using bees as a source replacement for some items. Currently breeding villagers so I can get one of the special bees only available trough trading....

I am such a masochist.....

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
It doesnt evem need to be a 5x5x5 room. It can just be the 1x1 block of witch water where they drop, as long the outside is full of blocks so the ghasts dont escape trough the walls. That way, they also die of suffocation. Its a good trick for early game when you dont have access to spikes. Specially if playing with no health regen.

Ohh, and a sound muffler, very important for the player sanity if he goes the suffocation route!

Meanwhile, I am still trying to avoid these mechanics (mob farms, spawners, MFR at all) that I have abused do much in the past and trying my way using bees as a source replacement for some items. Currently breeding villagers so I can get one of the special bees only available trough trading....

I am such a masochist.....
Sound mufflers were in place well before the witch water was. LMAO I had 12 stacks of tears before I went to bed. ;-)

Look at the recipes for the creative items. This pack actually requires you to abuse those mechanics to have the 15k of xyz item to manufacture some of that crap in volume... ;-)

Ok, for example, Creative energy cell will require: 6804 Spider eyes and Ghast tears.
Creative portable tank actually requires 4 Creative energy cells... so to have one of each you need over 34k eyes and tears.... I'm sure that only scratches the surface

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Sound mufflers were in place well before the witch water was. LMAO I had 12 stacks of tears before I went to bed. ;-)

Look at the recipes for the creative items. This pack actually requires you to abuse those mechanics to have the 15k of xyz item to manufacture some of that crap in volume... ;-)

Ok, for example, Creative energy cell will require: 6804 Spider eyes and Ghast tears.
Creative portable tank actually requires 4 Creative energy cells... so to have one of each you need over 34k eyes and tears.... I'm sure that only scratches the surface
I already crafted all the creative items in IE:E before. I know the pack front to back so I know what I am getting into.

That is why I also enabled avaritia items. For the extra challenge...

To be honest, Ex-Nihilo actually makes the pack easier to gather resources then in IE:E...

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GrimJahk

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Don't know if this was over looked or no one is having this problem but is anyone having trouble growing the mfr rubber sapplings in the new update? One of my viewers was and I haven't updated past 1.0.4 yet.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if this was over looked or no one is having this problem but is anyone having trouble growing the mfr rubber sapplings in the new update? One of my viewers was and I haven't updated past 1.0.4 yet.
Working fine on 1.1.0.

MFR rubber trees are very sensible and contrary to oak trees they dont like to grow next to other blocks unless they are also saplings...

Olafski

Jul 29, 2019
I just caught a Ghast in a safari net and put it in a spawner... spent 5 minutes standing there with my +3 Looting scythe and I had enough ghast tears to last me quite a while. I know it's not automated but with the amount of tears I needed thus far I don't think I'll need to do that soon ;) Certainly quicker than sifting soul sand.

In a previous message I mentioned being almost at the AE2 stage.. guess I was wrong, the 2 top parts of the wrench were easy, the soularium stuff requires a LOT of plutonium. Unless I'm missing something, I will be needing to deplete around 4000 uranium fuel cells :/

TrJace

Jul 29, 2019
I just caught a Ghast in a safari net and put it in a spawner... spent 5 minutes standing there with my +3 Looting scythe and I had enough ghast tears to last me quite a while. I know it's not automated but with the amount of tears I needed thus far I don't think I'll need to do that soon ;) Certainly quicker than sifting soul sand.

In a previous message I mentioned being almost at the AE2 stage.. guess I was wrong, the 2 top parts of the wrench were easy, the soularium stuff requires a LOT of plutonium. Unless I'm missing something, I will be needing to deplete around 4000 uranium fuel cells :/
Ic2 Replicator is your friend.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
Considering to try this pack focusing on magic/nature mods mainly while avoiding tech mods as much as possible. But I fear tech stuff has to be involved to do any sort of descent automation? I mean Thaumcraft golems can only do so little. Relying just on magic/nature mods to get resources is probably making the grind even worse?

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
My logistics pipes are being a bit derpy with the assembly table. They send the materials, make the stuff, then pull the item and send it to stock, forgetting that there is a pending build/request...

I am sending and pulling from the table, am I doing something wrong?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
My logistics pipes are being a bit derpy with the assembly table. They send the materials, make the stuff, then pull the item and send it to stock, forgetting that there is a pending build/request...

I am sending and pulling from the table, am I doing something wrong?
You are not pulling from the table. It's the table that is pushing them. Put a chest next to the table, crafting pipe on the chest and a satellite pipe in the assembly table.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
YPut a chest next to the table, crafting pipe on the chest and a satellite pipe in the assembly table.
How to put 5 items in through satellite? Machine Frame (Basic) Maybe also add a supplier pipe nxet to the assembly table to keep a couple bits in... will try that now.

Yup, that worked. Satellite set to keep 2x the recipe in the table.

Last edited: