FTB Infinity Evolved Insane Lag (0-12 FPS)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jakevski

Jan 25, 2021
Hi,
So my PC runs every single other game I play just fine (COD Black Ops 3, Warzone, League of Legends just to name a few). It used to run FTB ok, but then in the game I kept upgrading and expanding my base. I now have a fairly large castle with a multitude of things going on (Constant obsidian production, tesseracts routing mined ores directly into smeltery, an ender quarry in the mining world, cobblestone being compressed, oreberry bushes being harvested, cows being sacrificed to my blood alter, a mining laser going etc.) and I get between 0-12 FPS in my castle. The issue I'm struggling with is my GPU nor my CPU are anywhere close to being maxed out. MY CPU averages around 55-60%, with an occasional spike to 90-95% when traveling between dimensions. My in game settings are all set for a faster gameplay, and if I travel away from my base my FPS kicks up to 100-110. I've tried installing Optifine and BetterFPS, but neither of them helped. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

PC Specs: 16GB RAM (6GB dedicated to game), Sapphire Radeon R9 290X Dual-X Graphics card, AMD FX-6300 Six-Core Processor Overclocked to 4.21 GHz

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
welcome to JAVA.....

You could try to bump up to 8gigs of ram, but you would get massive lag spikes when JAVA does 'garbage collection'

This is the curse of modded... welcome to the damned.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
In graphics settings, what is your mipmapping level set to?

I had a similar issue with a recent modpack I made, I tried all the usual fixes and optimisation mods, nothing worked.

Then I turned my mipmapping level down from the default (4) down to 0 and my average FPS hopped straight up from 10-12 to 120 lol.

(NB: when you do this, the game takes several minutes to apply the change, it'll look like the game is crashed but just leave it and it'll resolve itself eventually)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
There's something at your base causing a bunch of tick lag. Some possible culprits:

* You mentioned cows to feed your blood altar. How many cows? If you've got hundreds of cows in a single block (quite possible), you can lag out the game.
* Broken Cobblestone Generator spewing cobble out into the world can very rapidly cause a world to lag out
* Similar to the above, if you have a process which creates stuff in the world, with something picking them up, and that something gets clogged, you can quickly lag out a world.

I suspect something has started spamming things out somewhere, and your game has to keep track of where each and every single one of those items are.