FTB Infinity Evolved Crash on Ubuntu

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Nucleria

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
FTB Infinty Evolved Crash on Ubuntu
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Infinty Evolved
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Trying to run on Ubuntu 15.10. Doesn't get past loading in the console. Any help is appreciated because I don't currently have another computer with the power to run it.

Last edited:

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Well explaining situation would be the first step in troubleshooting
What you have downloaded, did you unzip something, which commands did you run, did you upload something, how are you starting game?

Nucleria

Jul 29, 2019
I've deviated slightly from the guide I was sent. Using default-jdk and default-jre instead. Used apt-get to get those. I downloaded the FTB Launcher jarfile from the home page. It launches fine. Allocate two (of my computer's four (which has always worked)) gigabytes of RAM. This is a fresh Ubuntu 15.10 install, by the way. It had run on OS X, but I (stupidly) accidentally wiped that. Download FTB Infinity 2.1.3, planning on playing on the server I usually play (MineYourMind, good server) Downloads all files, mods, and assets. Launch. Crashes almost immediately with the log I had in my original post. Have tried the above guide and have waited a couple days and I still get the same crash log. Thanks.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
The only thing that I notice is the fact that you use openjdk instead of oracle's java however that shouldn't cause issues. (I also use it instead of oracle's java)
Does vanilla minecraft work?
Do other modpacks work?

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Ohhh me derp. I was somehow thingking this was server with weird wrapper scripts...

anyway: On the launcher go to options then click the force update button, then launch the modpack.

Nucleria

Jul 29, 2019
I'll do that, but it doesn't seen to launch any other modpacks, either. I actually haven't tested vanilla, yet. Will do,

EDIT: About to test vanilla.

Last edited:

Nucleria

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I can get to the server selection screen using the MYM Launcher. It must be an FTB launcher problem. I still can't join any servers. It just hangs on the dirt screen with no messages until shut it off.

Nucleria

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't launch at all at 2.5 gigabytes of allocated RAM. Trying 3 Gigabytes.

EDIT: I mean it gets past pre-initialization then crashes saying not enough memory to resolve problem.

EDIT2: Same at three gigabytes. Going back down to 2. I only have four.

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried changing your Java to OpenJDK 1.8 or Oracle JDK 1.8? From your pastebin you're using Java is OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.7.0_91