FTB Infinity Evolved -- Applied Energistics 2/Steve's Factory Manager - Inscriber Automation Buggy?

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
I'm building the automated inscriber setup that KingDaddyDMAC came up with using SFM for moving the items around a 3x3 grid of inscribers, and it's got some issue that's frustrating the heck out of me.

It's a very cool design and is very compact and aesthetic-friendly, for those who care about countersinking your machines into walls and such so all the power and item routing is hidden behind the walls:

I built it in a creative world at first to make sure everything worked just fine, and it did. I ran a bunch of items through the system, and it inscribed everything just as it should all the way down the line, with all three types of processor.

But in my survival world, only the logic processor (gold) goes all the way through to the processor stage. I have the outputs set up precisely the same in SFM's Machine Inventory Manager, and it refuses to pass the engineering or calculation circuits through to the inscribers, whether I have them slotted for a straight line down (as in his video) or routed to the same inscriber for all three.

The logic circuit is passed to all three of the inscribers, but neither of the other two circuits will pass to any of the three inscribers. I've gone over the SFM MIM outputs multiple times, and I literally have every single setting the same except that it targets the other type of circuit rather than the logic. But despite literally every single other setting being the same, it refuses to use the engineering or calculation circuits to make processors.

Can someone else try building this and see if they have any troubles? Mine is currently facing East, with the MIM at -63, -380, 25.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
WHOAH! I just came back into my survival world and checked the MIM again, and almost all the commands have lost their inventory settings. So I'm going to reset them all and see if whatever was wrong before worked itself out.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Argh. Seems to be yet another case of bad mod calculations requiring you to destroy and replace things. I tried replacing the cables behind the inscribers and ended up even changing the commands' targeted items to the logic circuits, which I knew were working fine, but that didn't work either, making me wonder if the command had become bugged somehow.

So I trashed it and created a new command and populated it with the same settings, and it works now.

I don't know how, but the commands in question were bugged and permanently inactive or something for some reason. Trashed the other one that wasn't working and replaced it, and it's working now too.

Friggin' bugs. Gah!